Head Start/EHS Teacher Assistant
|Date Opened||8/8/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/22/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,144.00 - $43,430.40/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Developmentally Appropriate Practices for Infant/Toddlers or Preschoolers Course (10-hours); and
Introductory Child Care Training (30-hours); and
Child Growth and Development (6-hours); and
Behavioral Observation & Screening (6-hours); and
Health, Safety & Nutrition (8-hours), Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect (4-hours); and
Child Care Facility Rules and Regulations (6-hours).
*All prospective hires must have 40 clock hours from the Florida Department of Children and Families.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Regular kneeling, stooping, bending, and sitting on the floor to attend to children's needs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to provide physical assistance in the transportation of special needs children.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Assists teachers with developing and implementing lesson plans, and literacy and daily enrichment activities to promote individual child development.
- Assists in ordering and preparing materials and supplies for planned activities.
- Arranges classrooms for program activities to provide a proper learning environment.
- Assists in the monitoring of children during all activities where adult help is needed.
- Assists in serving meals and general clean-up of classrooms and bathrooms.
- Assists in maintaining and updating children’s records to insure children’s progress or lack thereof is properly documented.
- Provides information to parents through parent meetings, written correspondence, telephone, and home visits, as required.
- Assists in conducting health checks on children for ringworm, head lice or other health conditions and reports to appropriate nurse.
- Assists in reporting suspected child abuse and neglect to state agency.
- Assists as a bus monitor in the transportation of children and engages children in song and other developmentally appropriate activities during ride.
- Assists in the transportation of special needs children by lifting child into seat and fastening safety belt.
- Assists in inspecting classrooms and grounds to ensure the safety, orderliness, sanitation and cleanliness of facilities.
- Administers First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), as required.
- Operates motorized vehicle in the transportation of children, as required.
- Takes charge of a group of children and acts as a substitute Head Start Teacher, as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Some knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices for early childhood.
- Some knowledge of behavior modification theories and practices.
- Some knowledge of current educational techniques and practices.
- Skill in making presentations to groups.
- Skill in verbal communication with children and conflict resolution.
- Ability to assist in the planning, organizing and implementing of childhood education curriculums.
- Ability to assume a seated position on the floor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and maintain work related reports and files.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to administer CPR and First Aid.
- Ability to implement safety procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.