Functional Support Analyst III (Oracle EBS Financials)
|Date Opened||8/3/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/17/2019 09:59:00 AM|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Ideal Candidate will possess experience:
• Researching, analyzing, proposing, and delivering solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
• Writing requirements and specifications for functional/conceptual design documents, building case models, preparing User Acceptance Test (UAT) scripts and UAT scenarios for new and existing business processes.
• Providing leadership and guidance to support teams.
• Supporting Oracle EBS in a local government or similar public sector environment.
• Experience with Oracle EBS implementation or support of 12.1.3 or higher configured with multiple operating units.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience with any of these Oracle Financial Modules or Oracle HCM: General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, iExpense, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Grants and Projects, Purchasing, Payroll, Performance Management, Learning Management, Self-Serve HR.
A Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Accounting, Business, or Computer Information Systems, and five years’ experience functionally supporting Oracle EBS or HCM.
Note: Degree is preferred but will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of experience and training that would reasonably be expected to fulfill the duties described in this job description.
• Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
• Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
• Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of principles and practices of business analysis, functional configuration and testing.
• Knowledge of functionality, integrations and interrelationships between application modules.
• Knowledge of functional areas and applicable inter-local government agencies’ business processes and standards.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations related to data management.
• Knowledge of database design, access, extraction, storage, security, control, and recovery procedures and methods.
• Knowledge in the use and application of various reference and online resources to solve complex application problems.
• Skill in defining systems security and control procedures.
• Skill in verbal and written communication of technical information to non-technical users.
• Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
• Ability to work independently and analyze, interpret and accurately summarize complex business processes and detailed information.
• Ability to translate business process requirements into functional specifications.
• Ability to train others and make presentations.
• Ability to prioritize work and proof the work of subordinate functional support analysts, and others as needed.
• Ability to monitor the effectiveness of existing systems and procedures, determine and implement recommendations for changes.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to ascertain facts through testing and observation, analyze needs and procedures accurately and logically, and to test system segments.
• Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task.
• Provides advanced functional expertise and complex analysis for a broad range of application issues.
• Independently resolves complex or elevated issues; and as needed collaborates with technical support staff to develop, test, and implement solutions.
• Verifies and ensures quality standards and controls for functional area.
• Collaborates with vendors, inter-local government agencies, business units, and technical support staff in the planning, design, development and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
• Analyzes data and information trends to support system capacity and performance.
• Creates, analyzes, and executes complex reports, queries and data.
• Modifies application configuration set up tables as required.
• Manages, monitors and ensures appropriate application security and data management in accordance with guidelines and regulations governing security, access, auditing, distributing, and privacy.
• Convenes and participates in collaborative meetings, conference calls, and video conferences, consisting of vendors, inter-local government agencies, technical support staff, and subordinate functional support analysts, related to support enterprise business solutions.
• Prepares training materials, instructs training, and distributes updates of education information and communication to vendors, inter-local government agencies, business units, and subordinate functional support analysts.
• Serves as liaison to vendors, inter-local government agencies, and business units, as needed.
• Provides direction and guidance to subordinate functional support analysts on applicable work processes, best practices, and subject matter expertise.
• Performs other related duties, as needed.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.