|Date Opened||7/11/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/19/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,750.40 - $60,070.40/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
One year of experience assessing and coordinating repairs, maintenance, and inventory of automobiles, light/ heavy vehicles, heavy equipment, fire rescue apparatus; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
An equivalent combination of education(not less than a High School diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Will be required to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch for frequent and extended periods of times.
- Ability to lift and carry 75-lbs.
- Ability to work in adverse or extreme weather conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Performs inspections and assessments of vehicles and equipment to identify malfunctions or damages and determine required repairs and maintenance.
- Identifies performance deficiencies and contract non-compliance; recommends remedial and corrective courses of action, along with vehicle/equipment life cycle repair recommendations.
- Prepares and reviews work orders and invoices, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and compliance with customer specifications, contractual obligations, and customary rates for labor, parts, and servicing.
- Inputs, maintains, and verifies information in computer applications, software, files, and records, in order to document vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance history, condition, and physical location.
- Operates various types of routine office equipment, such as computers and related software, internal automated systems, telephone systems, copiers/printers, faxes, scanners, and shredders to accomplish related activities.
- Serves as liaison to internal and external departments, agencies, vendors, businesses and organizations to ensure County services are complete in accordance with contractual and non-contractual requirements and technical specifications.
- Prioritizes and dispatches work orders for the required repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment to the maintenance supervisor for action and delegation.
- Dispatches towing services and coordinates transport arrangements for disabled and surplus vehicles and equipment.
- Tracks and maintains County motor-pool rentals, surplus vehicles and equipment, and all disposition-related documentation.
- May oversee the work of contracted and non-contracted workers.
- May perform inspection, coordination and administrative support duties during times of extreme weather supporting emergency needs of the County and general public.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the design, operation, components, and accessories required for proper repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge in the use of reference and online resources to research appropriate repairs, maintenance solutions, parts, and service pricing.
- Knowledge of county, state and federal guidelines governing procedures for procurement, administration, budget, and safety.
- Skill in the diagnosis, repair, and preventative maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Skill in the use of enterprise business solution applications, and related computer applications and software.
- Skill in verbal and written communication of mechanical or technical information to non-technical customers.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, as they relate to customer needs and deadlines.
- Ability to serve and represent Hillsborough County and the Fleet Management Department with courtesy and professionalism.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
- Possession of a valid Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License with endorsement(s) may be required within the probationary period.
- Certification in Welding Fabrication may be required within the probationary period.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*