Senior Functional Business Analyst (Hyperion)
|Date Opened||8/2/2018 08:35:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/15/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,808.00 - $108,513.60/year|
|Department||Enterprise Solutions & Quality Assurance|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Senior Functional Business Analyst's primary function is to lead business specific and enterprise-wide groups consisting of staff under the Chief Financial Administrator, ERP Module Super Users and line department staff in support of ERP and enterprise-wide applications and integrations in order to leverage system functionality. Position will be responsible for collaboratively developing, enhancing and managing business processes and system utilization in support of fiscal, budget, human capital management, payroll, benefits and procurement; including reporting and training. Position will work cross-functionally in one or more business domains and applications. A thorough understanding of ERP system, integrations and functionality is required.
This position will primarily focus on solutions and business processes relating to the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (Hyperion) suite.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Analytics or related field (Job related work experience can be substituted for education)
- 2 years of Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (Hyperion Planning) experience with an emphasis on application support
- Advanced SQL skills, with experience querying large data sets from multiple sources and developing automated reporting
- Strong understanding of Essbase and Smart View
- Experience developing or maintaining data loading programs/solutions
- Knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite Financials and underlying source data
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
Limited physical effort; majority of time office working conditions (sitting), occasionally some out-of-office travel resulting in use of laptop, tablet or cell phone.
May require some standing during events. Majority of the time in office working conditions, will include travel within Hillsborough County and possibly to other peer Florida counties or municipalities where a successful strategy has been identified, meeting with internal staff as well as external potential partners, some early morning/late night hours required, lifting no more than ten pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works collaboratively with department, program managers, and support staff to understand issues, troubleshoot, develop, document, implement and manage solutions within the Hyperion environment
- Collaborates with department management and other support team members to identify, define and implement metrics and KPI reports required to manage daily operational and support processes
- Works with the hosted-services provider directing upgrades, proactive tuning, optimization, and monitoring of Hyperion environments
- Works with the hosted-services provider in identifying and resolving environment (database, OS, network, security, etc.) issues
- Develops functional requirements and technical specifications for new planning programs, including the data sources to be utilized
- Develops, maintains, and troubleshoots data load rules, calc scripts, business rules, WebForms, and Smart View reports and analysis
- Researches issues, monitors and maintains integrations/interfaces between Hyperion and Oracle EBS
- Performs configuration management and implements system fixes, rule file updates, various calculations, data entry forms, and enhancements by working closely with department fiscal and technical staff, as well as Management & Budget staff
- Maintains high level of understanding of Oracle EPM solutions and technologies through independent research, utilizing Oracle on-line educational tools, attending conferences and training, leading work groups and developing/maintaining professional relationships with Oracle EPM governmental user groups within the County, the State and Country
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of Oracle EBS financial and human capital modules and business processes, as well as underlying data sources through independent research and collaboration/communication with all levels of staff
- Creates, maintains and supports complex custom reports and dashboards for Hillsborough County departments, managers and employees utilizing Smart View, Essbase and Oracle Business Intelligence
- Provides training, documentation and end-user support for Hyperion customers
- Knowledge of: principals, practices and techniques of planning, formulating, analyzing, designing and implementing solutions
- Knowledge of information technologies and methodologies (Oracle, SDLC, ITIL)
- Must possess a high skill set in the following areas: collaboration; communication; teamwork; analysis, and customer service
- Must possess a high skill set with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to plan and manage multiple activities and projects simultaneously
- Ability to establish and meet critical deadlines in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team having diverse responsibilities
- Ability to investigate, familiarize and master new data sources and tables quickly
- Ability to design, implement, monitor and modify programs and reports
- Ability to prepare, review and analyze complex reports and studies
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*