|Date Opened||7/11/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,112.00 - $75,857.60/year|
|Department||Real Estate & Facilities Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university; and
Three years' of Project Management or Contract Management experience involving assessing existing conditions of various equipment, components and/or assets.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This job is performed in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the nature of their assignments, individual employees may perform some or all of the duties described below.
- Performs project management duties on complex projects.
- Reviews contractor submitted proposals, negotiates fair and reasonable pricing, prepares work orders, change orders and reviews pay requests.
- Tracks and monitors project budgets and allocated funds.
- Schedules and conducts meetings with contractors and customers for developing project work scopes and construction schedules.
- Formulate, plan, and coordination of project related activities to include engineering designs, submittal reviews, permitting, and critical path management of all phases of construction and project closeouts.
- Provide quality assurance and quality control to identify and address any customer concerns and to deliver a successful and complete project.
- Conducts progress inspections of contractor performed work for ensuring compliance with project scope, specifications, schedules and applicable codes or guidelines.
- Identifies issues and initiates corrective action on any project related problems.
- Performs condition assessment inspections on County owned facilities and park sites in support of the Department's goal for building space inspected each year.
- Measures and collects system component quantities, determines age and estimates remaining system life.
- Prepares evaluation reports and enters inspection data into the condition assessment database.
- Uses RS Means and historical pricing for preparing preliminary cost estimates and scopes of work.
- Participates in Emergency Management planning and Damage Assessment Team related duties for the Department.
- Duties may require working after hours prior to and after an emergency event.
- Perform other related duties.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of project management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of project management.
- Knowledge of the processes, activities, requirements and objectives of repair, replacement and renovation projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of facility condition assessments principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principals of inspecting construction projects.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers, familiar and proficient with common software programs to include RS Means or other construction estimation software and databases, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Facilitates the open exchange of ideas and information.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data to develop logical conclusions.
- Skilled in the practices of inspecting construction projects and conducting facility condition assessments.
- Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different options before making complex decisions.
- Effectively work independently but also as part of a team.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.