User Support Analyst (Help Desk)
|Date Opened||6/4/2018 07:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/15/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Department||Thirteenth Judicial Circuit|
|Job Type||Other Area Jobs|
A Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related field.
An Associate’s Degree in a computer-related field; and 2 years of related experience.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of distributed computer systems operations, terminology, procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of court related processes.
- Knowledge of court supported and standard applications.
- Knowledge of audio visual computer environments.
- Knowledge of electronic digital court reporting systems.
- Knowledge of mobile devices.
- Ability to install office automation software packages including word processing spreadsheets, graphics communications interface, local area network management and calendaring.
- Ability to interpret and analyze computer error messages.
- Ability to consult with users and assess and determine user needs and requirements.
- Ability to detect, diagnose, resolve and document data processing malfunctions.
- Ability to train individuals and groups. Ability to diagnose and debug computer programs.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and technical data processing information.
- Skill at non-traditional problem solving and
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work well with supervisors, judiciary, vendors, users and other county and state agencies.
- Ability to work well with individuals with differing levels of technical knowledge and abilities.
- Ability to test software capability, conduct analysis and make recommendations.
- Ability to stage, configure and install new hardware.
- Ability to provide post-support for hardware and software.
- Ability to create, install and support images.
- Ability to use automated software installation and troubleshooting tools (such as MOM).
- Incumbent must be professional in all regards.
- Enables or disables user accounts.
- Deploys and maintains laptops; installs and maintains Virtual Machines.
- Provides set-up and troubleshooting functions including remote and in-person user support, to include PCs and mobile devices. Replaces computer hardware including entire PCs or PC hardware components. Performs troubleshooting escalations according to documented procedures. Creates, updates and logs trouble tickets into Footprints.
- Assigns Virtual Machines to users.
- Tests software for in-house developed applications.
- Trains users on in-house developed applications.
- Establishes new workstations and disables user rights and permissions for network access or application servers.
- Collaborates with the Chief Technology Officer on the circuit’s current and future technology project plans.
- Performs research and makes recommendations for purchasing new technology, computer equipment and software, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, comprehensive health insurance and life insurance with accidental death and dismemberment benefits, supplemental dental, vision, life, disability and hospitalization insurance, promotional opportunities, tuition-free college courses, 457 Tax Deferred Retirement Plan.
TO APPLY: Submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume, 3) current State of Florida Application and Addendum (located only at www.fljud13.org) in (1) PDF file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE THE 3 REQUIREMENTS ABOVE TO BE SCREENED FOR POTENTIAL INTERVIEW.
NOTICE: Please note that future vacancies in this same classification may be filled as a result of this recruitment. Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. If you need accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please call (813) 272-6330.
* The successful candidate will be hired at the minimum salary.