Solid Waste Transfer Equipment Operator
|Date Opened||6/21/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/10/2018 10:30:00 AM|
|Salary||$31,886.40 - $49,420.80/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Three years of experience in the operation of a semi-tractor trailer transport; and
Possession of a valid Commercial Driver License (CDL), Class A; and
Ability to pass DOT physical.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Required to work in outside in all types of weather.
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs. and push/pull up to 100 pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Operates large semi-tractor trailer or roll-off motorized vehicles for the transportation of bulk solid waste material in constricted loading/unloading locations, on unimproved roads, and on heavily traveled roads and highways in compliance with all DOT and County safety rules and regulations. Operation of large semi-tractor trailer or roll-off motorized vehicles constitutes at least 75% of daily job duties.
- Operates hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical auxiliary equipment related to assigned tractors and trailers.
- Checks and ensures that equipment is serviced and in good working condition; makes minor repairs and adjustments to equipment, and ensures that periodic maintenance and major repairs are performed.
- Performs daily safety inspections and observes proper safety practices and regulations when operating or working around equipment.
- Operates other heavy equipment such as front-end loaders, excavators, and skid steers to perform a variety of solid waste operational functions, as needed.
- May supervise subordinate operators, trades helpers, or laborers or act as a lead driver.
- Uses manual tools to pick up litter at the facility and ensure proper disposal.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the operation of semi-tractor trailer transport and other motorized equipment.
- Knowledge of traffic laws and regulations applicable to the operation of motorized construction, maintenance, and transport equipment on public streets and highways.
- Knowledge of safety equipment, standards and regulations.
- Skill in the operation of a semi-tractor trailer transport and other motorized equipment.
- Ability to service and make minor repairs and adjustments to equipment.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to demonstrate good customer service skills.
- Ability to read and understand work related material.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to pass DOT physical on an annual basis.