Engineering Associate (Traffic Engineering)
|Date Opened||8/2/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/16/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,112.00 - $75,857.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Six years of planning, assessment, design, construction, inspection of public infrastructure projects, or modeling of water, wastewater, storm water or traffic systems.
An equivalent combination of relevant education (not less than possession of a High School diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Work is performed in the office and construction sites
- Requires frequent standing, sitting, walking, and stooping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Investigate public concerns involving traffic engineering related questions and traffic safety and prepare reports with recommendations for potential actions.
- Review traffic reports from Consulting Engineers addressing actions for pedestrian safety, safe route to school, new traffic signals, signage and markings, and other traffic control devices.
- Meet with the public about their individual concerns and handle any necessary follow up actions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Working knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of design criteria and standards, Manual on Uniform Traffic Control devices and Florida Department of Transportation and Hillsborough County standards.
- Ability to read, interpret and review engineering drawings, specifications and contract documents.
- Physical ability for extended field reviews/investigations during day/night.
- Ability to drive motor vehicle with traffic engineering equipment.
- Ability to put together engineering design plans using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software.
- Experience with computer operating systems and software (Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint).
- Familiar with applicable federal, state and local laws, ordinances, regulations and policies governing traffic engineering.
- Ability to identify discrepancies between work performed and specifications. Capacity to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Oral and writing communication ability.
- Be able to keep accurate field notes and perform engineering calculations. ·
- Competence to collect, organize, analyze, evaluate data and develop logical conclusion, and prepare written documentation.
- Communicate with citizen in a respectful and considerate manner.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.