Business Systems Department Specialist
|Date Opened||6/14/2018 3:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,827.20 - $68,952.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
One year of experience using the department’s business system applications; and
One year of experience as a functional expert in the business field related to the assigned department.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Work is typically done in an office setting.
- This position is primarily sedentary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Solicits new and validates existing user requirements from end users.
- Assists with identifying and developing business system requirements.
- Assists with identifying and developing business system requirements.
- Assists Contracts/Procurement department in creating RFI/RFQ/RFP for software selection – provides input for vendor selection process.
- Keeps informed and updated on system changes, enhancements, upgrades, and other user related information as required.
- Produces, maintains and supports a variety of reports utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Assists in development of standard reports to support ongoing department needs.
- Helps maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and auditing data.
- Maintains users’ log on/passwords and sets users’ security levels.
- Oversees the daily operation of automated systems used with the assigned department.
- Verifies that the appropriate processes have occurred.
- Monitors system interface to ensure it is functioning properly.
- Tracks system issues and works with central IT services to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Trains and supports departmental systems users in use of application modules and functions.
- Solicits feedback and identifies overall needs of end users.
- Analyzes and tests additional application functions and modules to evaluate and recommend opportunities for new processes.
- Develops guidelines and procedure manuals as needed.
- Runs test scripts and performs system patches as directed and supported by central IT services and reports any issues back to central IT services for resolution.
- Acts as first level of support for departmental application problems and issues and is first line of contact with central IT services whenever problems are encountered.
- Acts as a liaison between functional groups within the department and central IT services.
- Participates as the primary super-user in the implementation and testing of new applications, reports, processes, etc.
- Provides testing results to appropriate resources.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of capabilities, functions, and operations of computer software and hardware used within the assigned department.
- Knowledge of the functions and responsibilities of the assigned department.
- Knowledge of business systems applications, operating systems, and network connectivity related to the department’s business system functionality.
- Knowledge of database concepts, functionality, and basic structure.
- Knowledge of report writing applications.
- Knowledge of business processes that impact system operations.
- Knowledge of specific business metrics, and ability to generate ad hoc reports to support business objectives.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic computer problems and develop effective solutions.
- Ability to develop and implement departmental computer training programs.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to resolve functional system issues.
- Ability to assist IT services with reviewing and editing system documentation.
- Ability to diagnose and fix system and database problems that arise in the normal course of business.
- Ability to work, proactively and effectively with IT services to identify and recommend needed system improvements.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a flexible business environment.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.