Administrative Secretary I
Court Interpreter Center
|Date Opened||6/5/2018 07:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/15/2018 4:00:00 PM|
|Department||Thirteenth Judicial Circuit|
|Job Type||Other Area Jobs|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Associate’s Degree; and
One year of experience in criminal justice, foreign language studies, paralegal, secretarial or a closely related field.
Substitution: Related work experience may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Ability to use word processing applications.
- Knowledge of the rules of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to interact effectively with the judiciary, judicial assistants, court personnel, law enforcement, community justice partners and general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish work priorities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Incumbent must be professional in all regards.
- Answers office phones, maintains office files, opens, sorts and distributes mail and orders office supplies.
- Handles the scheduling, coordination and assignment of daily court interpreting coverage assignments for all staff and freelance contractual interpreters.
- Prepares, maintains and distributes staff and freelance contractual interpreter daily coverage assignment log.
- Coordinates and calendars all future staff and freelance contractual interpreter coverage assignments utilizing the court’s computer software system.
- Monitors and updates the monthly staff and contractual freelance interpreter assignment calendar, including all remote interpreting and jail coverage assignments.
- Assists the Court Interpreter Center Manager in the review and submission of freelance contractual interpreters monthly Uniform Court Interpreter Invoices to the Administrative Office of the Courts, Court Operations.
- Compiles monthly staff and freelance contractual interpreter court hearing data.
- Assists in the preparation, review and submission of staff and contractual freelance interpreters monthly Uniform Data Reporting to the Administrative Office of the Courts, Court Operations.
- Prepares general correspondence, reports and any other documents as required.
- Assists in the preparation of staff travel authorization requests for submission and approval.
- Distributes and provides information regarding the process and rules for certification and regulation of foreign language interpreters.
- Performs other related duties as required.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, comprehensive health insurance and life insurance with accidental death and dismemberment benefits, supplemental dental, vision, life, disability and hospitalization insurance, promotional opportunities, tuition-free college courses, 457 Tax Deferred Retirement Plan.
TO APPLY: Submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume, 3) current State of Florida Application and Addendum (located only at www.fljud13.org) in (1) PDF file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE THE 3 REQUIREMENTS ABOVE TO BE SCREENED FOR POTENTIAL INTERVIEW.
NOTICE: Please note that future vacancies in this same classification may be filled as a result of this recruitment. Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please call (813) 272-6330.
* The successful candidate will be hired at the minimum salary.