Golf Course Assistant
|Date Opened||5/29/2018 2:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$8.25 - $12.96/hour|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
The Golf Course Assistant will assist in the day to day activities of the golf course, food and beverage operations, merchandise operations and general maintenance of the course and facilities to ensure that the service provided is a superior experience to the guests of the Golf Courses.
In addition, the Golf Course Assistant shall follow the Authority operational policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation, quality of service and a safe work environment.
Completion of ninth grade;
Possession of a valid driver’s license
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- The Golf Course Assistant shall be knowledgeable in the laws governing the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays and adjustments of leave, shifts, and breaks, which may be required upon short notice.
- Position requires ability to interact with a diverse group of fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, coworkers, supervisors and subordinates.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a cash register, make change, balance receipts, and conduct credit card transactions.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, fees, scheduling tee times, golf course policies and operational procedures, techniques and golf course security procedures.
- Knowledge of short order food preparation, preparation and serving of beverages and alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of public relations and recreational programs promoting golf.
- Knowledge of proper procedures for food handling, food storage, health standards, sanitation practices and products.
- Knowledge of proper customer service techniques in presenting services to the paying public.
- Considerable ability to use a computer and related software and applications.
- Ability to drive a golf cart and perform minor vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to do minor mathematical calculations.
- Ability to answer phones, give directions, and provide pricing and selection information.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, in the English language.
- Greets and directs customers, answers telephone, makes golf tee time reservations, provides selection and pricing information on merchandise, memberships, care sales, green fees, rentals, food, beverages and alcoholic beverages.
- Promotes tournaments, specials, fundraisers, etc. as it relates to golf course.
- Operates a cash register, makes change, balances register, reports any inconsistencies in cash or inventory to supervisor in a timely manner, prepares bank deposits daily, and reconciles cash drawer upon completion of shift.
- Patrols course, directs players, ensures proper pace of play, enforces course rules and services, counts and documents individual rounds of golf played, and submits findings.
- Takes, prepares, mixes and serves food, beverage and alcoholic beverage orders, in accordance with laws governing age requirements.
- Ensures that food, beverage and alcoholic beverage preparation and serving areas are clean and neat, by cleaning tables, grills, counters, and utensils in accordance with established food, beverage and alcoholic beverage preparation regulations.
- Inspects pro shop, carts, cart room, barn, clubhouse, and surrounding areas, to ensure they are properly cleaned, maintained, in proper working order and presentable to the public.
- Opens and secures shop, barn and clubhouse, which includes setting and unarming alarms.
- Conducts regular inspections to identify and resolve any safety, preventative maintenance, repairs, and discrepancies pertaining to course conditions, facilities, equipment, personnel, general activity, obstructions, hazardous conditions, greens, divots, cart sand buckets, sand repair tools, and sand traps.
- Monitors sales activities and inventory replenishment by daily, monthly and quarterly inventory control, inventory replenishment, return of any unsold items, and loads vehicles with pre-determined inventory and adequate change.
- Performs various housekeeping duties in all areas of golf course operations, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, washing, waxing, dusting, arranging furniture, emptying wastebaskets, removing trash, and cleanliness of golf cart fleet, as needed.
- Performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance of golf carts., which includes checking batteries, cables, posts, terminals, wheel bearings, tire pressure and fixing flat tires.
- May operate range ball picker, range ball cleaner, and range ball dispenser.
- Refills sand buckets on golf carts and ensures proper green repair tools are onboard.
- Uses computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference. This documentation may be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.