Court Clerk III (Procedures and Training)
|Date Opened||5/3/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/18/2018 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$36,171.20 - $57,387.20/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
*Please note: this job opportunity is open for current Clerk of the Circuit Court employees only!
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Ideal Candidate should possess:
- Broad overview knowledge of the courts systems and of the Clerk of the Circuit Court’s office functions.
- A strong background in the areas of writing and analyzing procedures, professional development of staff and teaching and/or training experience.
- Prior experience creating curriculum guides or instructional materials as well as in providing instructional strategies.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Four (4) years of clerical experience in processing, examining, preparing or reviewing any type of legal document.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Considerable knowledge of adult instructional course development, research, and practice.
• Considerable knowledge of adult instructional course development and classroom presentation methods and techniques.
• Considerable knowledge of applicable subject matter current trends and developments.
• Skill in the application of managerial and supervisory techniques.
• Skill in designing training programs to achieve objectives.
• Skill in presenting training courses to adult classes.
• Ability to organize and coordinate training activities for all work areas and individuals.
• Ability to assess staff training needs and design appropriate training programs.
• Ability to measure training effectiveness, compile results and take appropriate action.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
• Ability to collect, organize, and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
• Develops and implements procedures to insure timely and accurate accomplishment of established operational goals.
• Updates existing procedures.
• Provides work related orientation for new hires.
• Reviews the training needs of various personnel in the organization and confers with management to determine training needs.
• Designs, coordinates, and implements training programs for office personnel to maximize student acquisition and retention of knowledge, skills, abilities and perspectives.
• Assesses training program effectiveness and revises programs accordingly.
• Evaluates training program content and recommends modifications.
• Writes lesson plans, curricula, handouts and other training materials.
• Instructs in one or more technical or specialized fields.
• Coordinates and acts as liaison with the training department and individuals to develop training courses and ensure expertness in a variety of specialized areas.
• Maintains a library, records and files of training courses, registrations, course attendance, materials, and other information.
• Supervises the work of subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and coaching, and providing input on evaluating their performance.
• Maintains records of classes conducted and assists in the preparation of fiscal, personnel, statistical and other department reports.
• Trains assigned personnel, evaluates performance and initiates corrective action, as needed.
• Coordinates with other sections within own organization to ensure efficient flow of information; interprets and explains requirements, regulations and procedures.
• Assists in the recruitment of personnel.
• Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.