Accounting Assistant (50 Application Maximum)
|Date Opened||5/17/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/22/2018 4:08:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,144.00 - $43,430.40/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will possess professional knowledge in performing clerical-accounting work in the reviewing, processing, and maintenance of basic accounting and fiscal transactions supporting the Fleet Management department. These duties directly support fleet acquisition, receipt, billing, registration, and disposal responsibilities of County wide vehicle and equipment assets. The Fleet Management department supports approximately 25 County departments and county wide vehicles and equipment assets of approximately 3,500 units valued at approximately $161 million. The work is performed under general supervision where the work assignments are varied and subject to instructions and established work routines. The worker is permitted some latitude to set their own priorities subject to supervisor's approval.
The ideal candidate will possess professional skills in analyzing and improving accounting and financial processes, and procedures related to vehicle/equipment fleet operations, asset management, and financial reporting. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft office systems, automated information systems to include Oracle and/or other enterprise resource planning applications. The ideal candidate will possess as a minimum an Associate Degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field of study; and two years of experience in bookkeeping or financial record keeping. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted in this profile.
Six months of experience in bookkeeping, financial record keeping or cashiering; or successful completion of a vocational/technical course in bookkeeping, financial record keeping or cashiering.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Position is typically in an office environment.
- Requires an employee to be mostly sedentary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Indexes invoices into the imaging system in preparation for payment into the accounting system.
- Processes County credit card (PCard) and employee reimbursements (iExpense) transactions
- Enters automated receipts into the County’s E-Business system for goods and services purchased by departmental staff utilizing packing slips or signed delivery documents.
- Validates supplier data and recommends updates as needed
- Creates accounts receivable receipts; uploads and indexes supporting documentation into the imaging system
- Processes customer refunds.
- Codes fiscal documents for posting into automated accounting system.
- Assists with posting basic transactions to proper accounts.
- Assists in compiling data for basic fiscal reports and statements.
- Prepares periodic summary reports.
- Assists with the reconciliation and balancing of accounting records.
- Receives funds, prepares deposits.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures, and methods.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and basic accounting principles, practices, procedures, and methods.
- Ability to input data timely and accurately.
- Ability to match names and numbers and perform basic reconciliation functions.
- Ability to electronically index key fields and file both numerically and alphabetically.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply written instructions and job-related policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop basic correspondence and spreadsheets with automated applications.
- Ability to index/upload data into automated document storage and retrieval applications.
- Ability to utilize software to create and validate mathematical calculations.