|Date Opened||9/13/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/27/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,129.60 - $57,803.20/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Three or more years of experience in administrative support of a large organization and providing customer service experience to a large customer base.
- Advanced knowledge of commonly used administrative software's such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated experience in words processing and data entry with a minimum typing speed of 60 WPM and data entry 200 KPM or higher with 90% accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience in performing advanced administrative functions including, but not limited to, writing memos, reports, and development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Be self-motivated and have a proven track record of completing assignments and projects on time.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to manage restricted, sensitive and confidential information
- Be customer service driven and possess excellent listening skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
- Two years of clerical experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies noted above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve. ·
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
- This job is performed in a professional office environment.
- This job is largely a sedentary role.
- This job may require an incumbent to lift boxes up to 30 pounds, open filing cabinets, and bend/stand as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Maintains basic manual and automated file systems or assists in the maintenance of a large, complex system.
- Codes, classifies, posts and compiles information for use by others.
- Receives, verifies and registers documents; assigns file number and affixes seal as appropriate.
- Reviews forms, documents and other materials for accuracy and completeness. · Provides assistance to staff and public as required.
- Responds to inquiries and searches files for requested information.
- Compiles data, computes and verifies figures.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Maintains logs and records of equipment, inventory, costs, services performed, documents received, and charges to be assessed; may also maintain employee attendance and leave records.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipates needed supplies, places and expedites orders for supplies, and verifies receipt of supplies.
- Operates office equipment such as adding machines, copiers, telephones, shredders, and postage meters.
- Types forms, vouchers, requisitions, invoices, notices, schedules, legal documents, and other materials; types from rough drafts or combines data from multiple sources.
- Trains, provides guidance, and reviews work of others for completeness and accuracy.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of general office policies, procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to proof own work and the work of other clerical personnel.
- Ability to perform accurate computations and verification of data.
- Ability to coordinate the work of other clerical employees.
- Ability to instruct new employees.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to operate data processing, word processing and other office equipment.
- Ability to type. Ability to use a computer and related software
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*