Recreation Leader I-P/T Adaptive
|Date Opened||11/6/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Department||Recreation & Neighborhood Parks|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Ideal candidate will be:
Active, outgoing, creative, trustworthy, dependable, flexible, able to work outside in the sun for long periods, able to work with a large group of children. Personable, friendly, positive, enthusiastic and energetic.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Possess a valid State of Florida Driver License
OR Possess a valid State of Florida Identification card.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- This position is frequently very active and often requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of general office policies, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of planning and conducting recreational programs and adaptive recreational programs.
- Knowledge of proper English usage, vocabulary, spelling, punctuation and grammar; and occupational hazards and safety precautions required in the recreation field.
- Ability to answer questions and resolve problem situations or refer to appropriate office.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to participate effectively in the formulation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and oversee the work of others.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task. Hillsborough County Government.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Skill in the use of various office equipment.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Performs indoor and outdoor recreational activities.
- Assist in the implementation of recreational programs and coordination of social events.
- Assist with the programming and planning of adaptive recreational programs for special needs participants at a designated site.
- Teaches fair play, sportsmanship and maintains and enforces discipline and all established policies and procedures.
- Coaches and officiates team sports.
- Checks for safety and preventive maintenance of grounds and facilities.
- Prepares and maintains recreational programs records and reports.
- Assist clients of varied ages with personal care needs.
- Administers CPR and First Aid as needed.
- Issues recreational equipment and supplies.
- May be required to work non-standard duty hours.
- Performs other related duties as require.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.