Electrical Repair Leader
|Date Opened||11/17/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/10/2018 11:59:00 AM|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate for this position is highly skilled in the installation, troubleshooting and repairing of electrical equipment and medium to high voltage power distribution systems typically found in a large industrial facility.
Experience working on more than one of the following systems is preferential: airfield lighting systems and FAA compliance, 480 volt power distribution including backup power generation, 277 and 480 volt lighting systems, and underground utility locates, strong knowledge of electrical codes, and project inspection.
Senior levels skills required to carry out duties which include estimating materials and determining equipment needs to perform repairs or installation of new equipment or circuits; prioritization of work to ensure sensitive issues are addressed first, providing OJT for junior technicians and supervision of them on larger projects; supervision of contractors and project inspections. This position requires close coordination with both Maintenance Department and Construction Department management and contractors working on our site.
This position may be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays and requires being available to be contacted by cell phone after hours to coordinate any emergency issues.
Seven years of work experience in construction, maintenance, or the skilled trades; including
One year of experience in a supervisory capacity.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of accepted methods, practices and procedures used in the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, or roadways and related systems and equipment
- Working knowledge of equipment, tools and materials used in the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds or roadways and related systems and equipment
- Working knowledge of safety practices and principles related to the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, or roadways and related systems and equipment
- Working knowledge of record keeping requirements
- Some knowledge of laws, ordinances, rules, regulations and standard operating procedures related to the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, or roadways and related systems and equipment
- Skill in supervising and performing routine repairs, maintenance or construction of buildings, grounds, roadways, and related systems and equipment
- Skill in the use of tools and equipment used in the construction and maintenance of building, grounds, or roadways and related systems and equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to accurately assess maintenance and repair needs and make adjustments to maintenance crews and/or schedules as required
- Ability to work outside in a sub-tropical climate
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, kneel, bend and climb in the performance of duties
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to use a computer and related software
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, specifications, blueprints, diagrams and drawings
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others
- Supervises the activities of skilled and unskilled trades and maintenance personnel engaged in the construction, repair and maintenance of industrial power distribution systems and equipment by planning, scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Monitors, prioritizes, participates in, and inspects work activities to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, codes, standards, regulations, operating instructions and safety standards and to ensure operational efficiency and a safe working environment.
- Plans job layouts, estimates materials, determines equipment and tools, and makes drawings or sketches as necessary for maintenance personnel to properly perform work assignments.
- Determines, schedules and oversees preventive maintenance activities to increase operational effectiveness and extend the lifecycle of assets.
- Answers questions and provides information related to work assignments including resolving problems, handling complaints and providing technical expertise in area of assignment.
- Prepares and maintains manual and computerized reports, records and logs related to the work performed and materials, equipment and supplies used to provide an audit trail of activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The Aviation Authority-Tampa International Airport provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
The Aviation Authority-Tampa International Airport welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
To apply, visit the Aviation Authority's job bulletin page by clicking here.