Electronics Technician II
|Date Opened||8/3/2016 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$15.00 - $24.00/hour|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Two years of experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic equipment.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of electronics technology.
- Working knowledge of the function and operation of electronic controlling, measuring, recording, transmitting, testing and diagnostic equipment.
- Some knowledge of the laws and regulations governing operating standards and specifications of the area to which assingned.
- Skill in the use of electronic testing, diagnostic and repair tools and equipment.
- Ability to detect, analyze and repair malfunctions on electronic equipment.
- Ability to read and understand electronic diagrams and schematics.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate a standard motor vehicle safely.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Installs, modifies, calibrates, tests, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs, at the component level, diversified electronic equipment and associated subassemblies utilized in operations such as voice and data communications, air quality monitoring, water/wastewater plant and pumping station controlling, traffic signal control, TV and video monitoring, and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) navigation aids.
- Designs, constructs, assembles and rearranges circuits and performs other modifications to operation and test equipment, exhibits and other devices.
- Collects, logs, and records data and readings and prepares reports as needed.
- Monitors the operation of measuring equipment and controls to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies standards and specifications.
- Orders parts and supplies as required.
- Drives vehicles to remote locations to deliver, pickup, install and/or troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Supplemental Questionnaire and Application Screening
- Establish List
- Department Selection Interviews*
- Background Investigation
*The Department named at the top of this job bulletin is responsible for reviewing the qualified applications on the referral list and will carefully consider all qualified submissions during the screening of candidates. You will be contacted by the department directly if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Due to the high level of interest in the position, it will not be possible to interview every minimally qualified applicant. The Department, or its Human Resources Department, will notify you, via email, when the position has been filled.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at email@example.com.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.