Performs general managerial/administrative duties at a residential facility for youth ages 11 to 17 years old, with responsibility for planning, scheduling, coordinating, budgeting, and controlling assigned resources to achieve department/section objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree with a major in a Social or Behavioral Science; and
Five years working with youth in a residential child welfare setting or child placement agency, to include at least 3 years of related managerial or supervisory experience of at least 4 subordinates; and
Possession of a valid Florida Driver License
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
• Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standard of service.
• Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity – Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
• Organizational Excellence – Takes ownership for excellence through one’s personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
• Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing child welfare.
• Skill in effectively influencing actions and opinions of others.
• Skill in inspiring and motivating others to perform well.
• Ability to supervise multiple functions with full accountability for effective operation and results.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to analyze and solve highly intricate and complex problems.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to use a computer and related software.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
CLASS: rsvccogenp; EST: 10/20/2014 10:41:00 AM; REV: 10/20/2014 10:41:00 AM;