Responsible for the visual design and layout of Web and Intranet Sites using Web Standards and compliant markup using HTML & CSS. Ensures brand integrity in all facets of the online experience designing wireframes, web pages, content management system (CMS) templates, email campaigns and web graphics. Uses experience and skills with visual design, typography, layout, and color theory to create visually appealing designs while adhering to organizational requirements, design standards and industry best practices.
An Associate's degree from an accredited college or university; and Two years of experience designing layouts and graphics in developing and maintaining web and intranet sites.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the minimum competencies noted below.
• Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service.
• Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
• Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
• Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Considerable knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Considerable knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software.
• Working knowledge of common content management systems (cms) features and functionality.
• Working knowledge of email marketing design and implementation.
• Working knowledge of standard professional office policies, practices and procedures.
• Some knowledge of emerging web technologies like HTML5, CSS3 and responsive web design.
• Ability to design and implement user-friendly and visually appealing web pages and web content management system (cms) templates.
• Ability to design visually appealing web graphics.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work effectively in a project-based team environment.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple duties and projects.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
• Prototypes, designs and maintains the visual design and layout of Web and Intranet Sites using Web Standards compliant markup using HTML and CSS.
• Works individually and/or with other web team members to manage and maintain Web or Intranet Sites using enterprise content management system.
• Works independently and/or with other web team members to update Web or Intranet Site content to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information and graphics.
• Performs as a key team member on large complex Web or Intranet Site projects.
• Researches, evaluates, and recommends new emerging technologies related to web design to enhance capabilities and keep up with changing user needs and expectations.
• Helps instruct staff on the proper techniques related to web design, user friendliness and usability.
• Performs other related duties as required.
CLASS: WEBDSRGENR; EST: 10/17/2014 12:18:00 PM; REV: 10/17/2014 12:18:00 PM;