Performs duties providing technical assistance to users of personal computers, networks, mini-computers or mainframe computers and peripheral devices to include maintaining and troubleshooting operating, communications, and applications and/or systems software and peripheral devices.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a computer technology field; and
Two years of experience installing, configuring and supporting computer hardware and software technologies.
Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
· Extensive knowledge of software applications installation, operation, testing, and maintenance methods and techniques.
· Considerable knowledge of current computer hardware and/or software characteristics and features.
· Considerable knowledge of systems analysis.
· Considerable knowledge of operating system software.
· Working knowledge of agency standards for hardware and/or software.
· Working knowledge of computer technical publications and reference material.
· Skill in communicating technical information to non-technical users.
· Skill in systematic problem solving.
· Skill in developing, reviewing and editing documentation.
· Skill in the use of mainframe, mini or network hardware and software.
· Ability to detect, analyze and solve routine hardware problems.
· Ability to detect, analyze and solve complex software problems.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others within and outside the organization and work collaboratively in a team environment.
· Ability to operate a standard motor vehicle safely.
· Ability to train others.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
CLASS: SFTSP2GENS; EST: 8/29/1994; REV: 2/3/2012;