Performs duties providing technical assistance to users of personal computers, networks, mini computers or mainframe computers and peripheral devices to include maintaining and troubleshooting operating, communications, and applications and/or systems software and peripheral devices.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a computer technology field; and
One year of experience installing, configuring and supporting computer hardware and software technologies.
Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
· Considerable knowledge of software applications installation, operation, testing, and maintenance methods and techniques.
· Working knowledge of computer hardware components.
· Working knowledge of agency standards for hardware and/or software.
· Working knowledge of applicable computer technical publications and reference material.
· Skill in communicating technical information to non-technical users.
· Skill in systematic problem solving.
· Skill in developing, reviewing and editing documentation.
· Skill in the use of mainframe, mini or networking hardware.
· Ability to analyze and solve routine computer related problems.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others within and outside the organization and work collaboratively in a team environment.
· Ability to train others.
NOTE: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
CLASS: SFTSP1GENO; EST: 8/29/1994; REV: 2/3/2012;