Performs intermediate level technical work inspecting building construction or the installation of plumbing, electrical, or gas systems or mechanical equipment or reviewing and interpreting approved plans and specifications for compliance with state and county codes, laws and ordinances.
Graduation from high school or possession of a G.E.D Certificate; and
Two years of experience as a licensed Inspector under Chapter 468 of the Florida Statutes;
Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility incumbents in this position may perform some or all of the duties described below.
· Inspects building construction or the installation of plumbing, electrical, or gas systems or mechanical equipment for compliance with state and county codes, laws and ordinances.
· Issues notice of non-compliance where work is not in compliance with the Florida Building Codes and Hillsborough County Construction Ordinance.
· Inspects all work upon completion and signs permit giving final approval.
· Makes routine and periodic inspections of assigned area to check for violations and hazardous conditions.
· Reviews plans as required for compliance with state and county codes, laws and ordinances.
· Investigates complaints of defective building installations and reports findings and recommendations to appropriate staff.
· Issues citations or notices of violation for non-compliance of Florida Building Codes or Hillsborough County Construction Ordinance.
· Testifies before the Board of Adjustment and Appeals or in a court of law when subpoenaed.
· Trains lower level Building Inspectors in their initial inspection duties and procedures.
· Inputs and retrieves data in researching violations and scheduling inspections.
· Performs other related duties as required.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR SOME POSITIONS
Employees to maintain the continuing education as required by the state.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
Requires possession of a related Standard Plans Examiner License issued under Chapter 468 of the Florida Statutes;
Possession of a related Provisional Plans Examiner License issued under Chapter 468 of the Florida Statutes within the probationary period, and possession of a Standard Plans Examiner License prior to completion of the probationary period.
CLASS: INSP2GENO; EST: 11/10/2009; REV: 2/26/2013;