Lead Food & Beverage Attendant
|Date Opened||8/1/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/30/2019 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$9.82 - $15.71 Hourly|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
The Lead Food and Beverage Attendant will be responsible for adhering to Authority operational policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation and quality of service.
High School graduate or possession of a valid GED certificate; and
Two years of food and beverage preparation work experience; and
Possession of a valid Driver license.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge in administrative and operational rules, procedures and programs of the food and beverage department
- Working knowledge of short order food and alcohol preparation and service
- Working knowledge of proper sanitation practices and products utilized in food and beverage preparation
- Knowledge of the laws governing the sale of alcoholic beverages
- Knowledge of procedures and temperatures for storing and rotating food stock in coolers, refrigerators, freezers, dry storage, etc. to maintain freshness (“First in, First Out”)
- Ability and willingness to work irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications; Adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice
- Ability to handle cash and financial transactions
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner Ability to maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for customers and the general public
- Ability to make mathematical calculations
- Ability to learn and understand Point of Sale (POS) sales systems
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time and work in non-air-conditioned environment
- Greets guests to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Takes food and beverage orders.
- Collects payments and operates the cash registers.
- Prepares food and beverages; prepares and serves alcoholic beverages.
- Provides directions and other information on pricing and food/beverage selection as needed.
- Reviews documents, receipts and payments for correctness; calculates amounts to be collected; and processes payments using a computerized cashiering system.
- Assists in verifying and reconciling cash drawer upon completion of work shift; prepares deposit slip to be included in daily cash receipts.
- Assists in monitoring satellite food and beverage locations, sales activities and inventory replenishment as needed; assists in verifying and reconciling cash and inventories; prepares deposit slips to be included in daily food and beverage cash receipts.
- Assists with inventory control measures at the Sportsplex of Tampa Bay; reviews and reports all inconsistencies in cash or inventory to the Operations Manager and/or Director of the Sportsplex upon discovery.
- Ensures that food and beverage preparation and serving areas are kept in a clean and neat manner in accordance within established food preparation regulations.
- Assists in providing a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Provides training to any volunteers working the stand.
- Permorms other related duties, functions, and responsibilities, as assigned.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.