|Date Opened||8/6/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/20/2019 12:00:00 PM|
The Children’s Board of Hillsborough County has been proudly serving children and families since 1988. The strategic focus of the Children’s Board is to provide funding to local organizations that share a common goal of providing support services to children so they can lead a healthy, safe, and productive life, allowing the whole community to thrive.
Our funded partners have clearly defined goals and outcomes that are regularly monitored for quality and performance. It is the Children’s Board vision that Hillsborough County will be recognized as one of the top five places in the nation to raise children. The Children’s Board believes our people are our greatest asset. We offer an environment that challenges everyone to grow, contribute, excel and share successes.
Read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team!
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Three or more years of experience in hospitality services including handling room reservations and setting up both small meetings and large events.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of the Children's Board facilities
- Working knowledge of the type and size of support services required to staff meetings, special events and community functions
- Working knowledge of meeting preparation
- Working knowledge of safety requirements for events or functions
- Working knowledge of reservation software
- Working knowledge of audio/ visual components
- Skill in the coordination of diverse support services
- Skill in superior customer service
- Ability to work evening, weekend and day shifts
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to prioritize work
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to deal with clients and others in stressful situations
- Ability to use a computer and related software
- Provides daily set-up and break down of several conference meeting rooms to include moving tables and chairs multiple times per day as well as Audio/Visual set up and assistance.
- Supports all facilities related requests for moving office furniture, emptying trash and housekeeping.
- Inspects final setup to ensure facility is event ready, assists with essential central services such as cleaning, waste disposal, and recycling, assists with room set ups and strikes in accordance with conference center reservations.
- Responds to all CBHC Conference Center reservation requests, manages confirmed reservations, ensures that all reservations comply with procedures, coordinates reservations and assigns appropriate meeting space to internal and external customers.
- Coordinates and collaborates with peers on conference center activities to ensure the smooth operation of events, functions and services to cover various areas of responsibility during daytime, evening and weekend hours.
- Answers telephones, provides information on the CBHC, greets guests, shows conference rooms, assists with essential central services such as reception, answers and confirms public inquiry calls from the general public, routes callers to appropriate resources and supports their navigation with knowledge, discretion and sensitivity.
- Provides technical, and logistical support for meeting planners, event coordinators, guests, and confirmed reservation holders and assists with essential central services such as electronic e-mail/archiving.
- May serve as organizational point of contact for CBHC events including registration, promotion and logistics (name tags, registration, lists and confirmations) for specialized internal events.
- Provides support services and oversight in the absence of Supervisor of Building and Grounds, assists and provides essential central services such as security/maintenance.
- Supports and maintains Building and Conference Center data collection efforts.
- Performs other related duties as required.
NOTE: This job is for a part-time appointment. A person hired into a part-time appointment position must work less than 20 hours per week. A part-time appointment position is expressly exempt from the general provisions of the Civil Service Law and Rules.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.