Refrigeration Air Conditioning Mechanic III
|Date Opened||5/13/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$18.50-$21.00/Hr To Start|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate for this position is highly skilled in the installation, troubleshooting and repairing of industrial HVAC systems typically found in a large industrial facility such as an airport. Experience working on more than one of the following systems is preferential: chiller plant operation, operation and repair of automated building controls system, strong knowledge of mechanical codes, and project inspection. Senior level skills required to carry out duties which include estimating materials and determining equipment needs to perform repairs or installation of new mechanical equipment; prioritization of work to ensure sensitive issues are addressed first, providing OJT for junior technicians and supervision of them on larger projects; supervision of contractors and project inspections. This position requires exceptional customer service skills for interacting with tenants, customers, and in-house employees to resolve their temperature concerns. This person must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities. This position will be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays and requires being available to be contacted by cell phone after hours to coordinate any emergency issues.
Completion of the ninth grade; and
Two years of experience in the maintenance, repair and installation of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Considerable knowledge of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation operating principles.
- Considerable knowledge of safety requirements.
- Considerable knowledge of the electrical aspects of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Skill in working with tools.
- Ability to diagnose HVAC equipment using laptop and hand held devices.
- Ability to diagnose and repair boiler equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose refrigeration and air conditioning mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work in high places.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical diagrams.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs all types of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment, such as, central, wall and window air conditioning units; exhaust fans and blowers; walk-in and chest type freezers; ice machines and water coolers.
- Schedules preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Prepares necessary drawings and sketches.
- Requisitions and maintains a supply of replacement parts.
- Operates refrigeration gauge, volt/ohm meter, vacuum pump, recovery systems, welding equipment and other related tools and equipment.
- May assign, supervise and inspect the work of lower level workers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Visit the Aviation Authority job board website directly by clicking on the following link: