Refrigeration Air Conditioning Mechanic II
|Date Opened||5/13/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$17.36-$18.50/Hr To Start|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Completion of the ninth grade; and
Two years of experience in the maintenance, repair and installation of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Considerable knowledge of safety requirements.
- Working knowledge of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment operating principles.
- Working knowledge of the electrical aspects of refrigeration and air conditioning units.
- Skill in working with tools.
- Ability to diagnose HVAC equipment using laptop and hand held devices.
- Ability to diagnose and repair boiler equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work in high places.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical diagrams.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Installs, maintains and repairs all types of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilating equipment, such as, central, wall and window air conditioning units; exhaust fans and blowers; walk in and chest type freezers; ice machines and water coolers.
- Troubleshoots mechanical problems and takes appropriate action.
- Schedules preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Prepares drawings and sketches as required. Requisitions and maintains a supply of replacement parts.
- Operates refrigeration gauge, volt/ohm meter, vacuum pump, recovery systems, welding equipment and other related tools and equipment.
- May lead and instruct lower level workers.
Visit the Aviation Authority job board website directly by clicking on the following link: