Multitrades Worker I -S ystems
|Date Opened||5/13/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$14.42/Hr To Start|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Graduation from High school / GED; or
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below; and
Possession of a valid Driver's License.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Some knowledge of procedures and techniques used in two or more construction trades.
- Some knowledge of the construction and maintenance of various types of buildings and facilities.
- Some knowledge of safety procedures and safety equipment.
- Skill in the use of hand and electrical tools and equipment used in building and construction.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and drawings.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to perform a variety of physical tasks.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Assists electricians in installing and repairing electrical wiring, fixtures, and related equipment.
- Assists painters in mixing and matching paints, stains, and painting.
- Assists plumbers in installing, maintaining, and repairing pipes, valves, faucets, sinks, and other plumbing facilities.
- Assists masons in laying brick, cement block, and sidewalks.
- Assists carpenters in repairing chairs, tables, fences, doors, windows, floor, and other articles and fixtures.
- Assists maintenance personnel in the repair and maintenance of buildings.
- Assists HVAC mechanics in the operation, maintenance, and repair of heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning equipment.
- Assists equipment mechanics in the repair and maintenance of gasoline and/or diesel operated vehicles or other related mechanical components.
- Assists with the construction, maintenance, and repair of roads, bridges, ditches, culverts, and associated structures.
- Assists in the repair and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Assists in the use of gas/electric operated equipment.
- Cleans work sites upon work completion.
- Drives a motor vehicle to and from work sites.
- Performs related work as required.
Visit the Aviation Authority job board website directly by clicking on the following link: