Automated Devices Mechanic
|Date Opened||5/13/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$17.36-$21.00/Hr To Start|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Four years of experience installing or maintaining automated devices, such as, but not limited to: baggage conveyors, automatic doors, security devices, Passenger Boarding Bridges, industrial control systems, or electrical motor controls; and
Possession of a valid Driver's License.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Considerable knowledge of materials, tools and methods used in the repair, maintenance and servicing of electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic equipment and devices.
- Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Working knowledge of industrial electronics.
- Working knowledge of the parts requirements and inter-changeability of parts between various pieces of equipment.
- Skill in electrical/electronic/mechanical/hydraulic troubleshooting.
- Skill in the use and care of hand and machine tools.
- Skill in the use of meters and gauges.
- Ability to troubleshoot, detect, and correct equipment failures.
- Ability to utilize electrical, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical schematics and technical publications
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Perform preventive maintenance on automated devices such as: baggage conveyors, baggage pushers, High-speed diverter’s, Passenger Boarding Bridges (Jetway, Stearns, Thyssen Krupp), Roll-up doors, emergency lighting, 400hz ground Power and other related devices and equipment.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace device parts such as Saginaw screw assemblies, hydraulic power packs, electric motors and controls, relays, contact points, PLC & electronic components (capacitors, IGBT’s, Circuit Boards), photocells, motion detectors, automatic leveling devices, and other related equipment.
- Modifies automated devices to improve operations (ARC, Mig, Oxy/acetylene fabrication).
- Maintains maintenance records, including dates of inspections, repairs, and parts replacement.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Visit the Aviation Authority job board website directly by clicking on the following link: