Food & Beverage Attendant
|Date Opened||3/4/2019 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
In addition, the Food and Beverage Attendant shall be responsible for adherence to Authority operational policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation and quality of service.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- The Food and Beverage Attendant shall be knowledgeable in administrative and operational rules, procedures and programs of the food and beverage department.
- Working knowledge of short order food preparation, preparation and serving of alcohol and a working knowledge of proper sanitation practices and products utilized in food and beverage preparation.
- Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications. Adjustments of leave shifts and breaks may be required upon short notice.
- Position requires ability to interact with a diverse group of fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for customers and the general public.
- Ability to make mathematical calculations.
- Must have the ability to learn and understand Point of Sale (POS) sales systems.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral communications in the English language.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Assist in providing a friendly and welcoming atmosphere in greeting guests while completing the following activities in the food and beverage department: take food and beverage orders, collecting payments, operating cash registers, preparing food and beverages, answering telephone, serving alcohol beverages, providing directions and providing other information on pricing and food/beverage selection as needed.
- Assist in verifying and reconciling cash drawer upon completion of work shift. Prepare deposit slip to be included in daily cash receipts.
- Assist with inventory control measures at the Sportsplex to complete monthly inventory counts as needed. Review and report any inconsistencies in cash or inventory to the Lead Food and Beverage Attendant and/or Operations Manager in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that food and beverage preparation and serving areas are kept in a clean and neat manner in accordance within established food preparation regulations.
- Assist in providing a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
- Supplemental Questionnaire and Application Screening
- Establish List of Qualified Candidates
- Department Selection Interviews*
- Background Investigation
*The Department named at the top of this job bulletin is responsible for reviewing the qualified applications on the referral list and will carefully consider all qualified submissions during the screening of candidates. You will be contacted by the department directly if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Due to the high level of interest in the position, it will not be possible to interview every minimally qualified applicant. The Department, or its Human Resources Department, will notify you, via email, when the position has been filled.