|Date Opened||3/15/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,676 - $73,070/year|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
The Events Manager is responsible for the overall coordination and supervision of professional support services and logistics for events and functions from start to finish to ensure efficient event operations and provide a superior experience to the tenants and guests of Raymond James Stadium.
In addition, the Events Manager shall assist in the development and implementation of departmental financial reports, and operational policies and procedures and will also assist in the coordination of special events.
A Bachelor's degree with a major in Sports Management, Business Administration or a closely related field; and
Three or more years of previous experience in Event Management at a stadium, arena, ballpark or similar public assembly venue; and
Possession of a valid Driver license; and
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the principles of facility management, services and equipment for a stadium, arena, ballpark or similar public assembly venue.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and AutoCAD.
NOTE: Experience in event management and coordination in a public assembly venue may be substituted at the rate of two (2) years’ experience for each year of college.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Ability and willingness to work irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications. Adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice.
- Ability to develop and maintain accurate records, logs and reports for events and the department.
- Ability to interact with fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for tenants and the general public in and around the facilities.
- Knowledge of safety requirements (OSHA, NFPA, ADA) for events or functions.
- Ability to coordinate diverse support services for events or functions.
- Ability to organize tasks assigned by priority and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs. and work in non-conditioned environment.
- Implements and maintains the day-to-day operational policies and procedures for the Events Services Department and provides supervision while scheduling, organizing, assigning, monitoring, analyzing and correcting work assignments of the Event Coordinators personnel at Raymond James Stadium.
- Serves as facility contact between the Tampa Sports Authority and its tenants, promoters and clients, including but not limited to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, University of South Florida, Outback Bowl, Gasparilla Bowl, Feild Entertainment, XFL, concerts and more.
- Conducts site visits and works closely with clients to establish event needs.
- Coordinates event day preparations with tenants, clients, outside organizations, vendors, other governmental departments, private firms and operational service contractors who frequently partner with Stadium Event Operations.
- Manages the interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and development of the Event Department personnel in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Assists in the development and implementation of formalized training and education programs for the Event Department.
- Supervises full-time Event Coordinators, seasonal interns, and event staff, including ticket takers and guest services.
- Maintains a working knowledge of budgetary procedures and controls; Prepares and provides cost estimates for clients; Tracks, monitors, and logs all event related charges and document on Authority financial reports; Prepares event invoices for proper billing by the finance department; Prepares and maintains revenue and expense reports in event folders; Assists in verification of proper coding of departmental expenses to ensure accurate accounting and provide sufficient data for financial preparation and budget planning; Participates in budget meetings and provides input relating to expenditure projection; Verifies proper coding of payroll, event expenses, and purchases to ensure accurate accounting and sufficient data for appropriate billing, planning and expenditure projecting.
- Conducts regular facility inspections to review facility, grounds, equipment, personnel, general activity and share findings and observations with departmental managers or coordinators to assist in maintain s superior level of facility function, polish and efficiency.
- Reviews and recommends equipment, supplies and materials required to provide services to Authority and their clients.
- Attends and participates in Authority operations/event planning meetings when required.
- Participates in other weekly meetings necessary for conducting internal and external business.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings to share relevant information and gain feedback relating to methods to improve service to customers, both internal and external and to ensure efficient operations of the grounds for events. Attendance and/or travel may be required for meetings held off site.
- Writes timely, accurate bid specifications for departmental purchases.
- Reviews department payrolls, event related contracted services invoices and departmental purchases prior to submission to the Director of Event Services for approval; Follows all appropriate purchasing procedures accurately.
- Provides leadership on continuous improvement and team building efforts; Participates in employee committees and staff meetings emphasizing team management, high morale and quality service to Authority customers.
- Conducts and maintains performance evaluation and professional development programs for subordinate personnel; Counsels/coaches subordinate personnel as required to manage personnel issues.
- Conducts internal investigations as required by any on-going disciplinary process and recommend and/or administer discipline as required.
- Seeks out, develops, and assists in the participation in industry related associations and trade shows in support of quality service to our clients; Keeps abreast of innovations, improvements in procedures, and developments within the operational aspects of our industry to seek better methods to improve efficiency, levels of service, personnel performance, and reducing operating costs.
- Provides a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensures compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Uses computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports as required; Uses AutoCAD software to create facility diagrams, parking maps and floorplans for clients and staff; Uses Event Booking software to create Work Orders and communicate with internal departments and external partners to ensure the needs of each even are met; Creates and maintains event folders and records to ensure that all event related personnel, equipment, and supplies are accurately maintained and invoiced to events.
- Perform other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Coordinates and Acts as the Manager on Duty for Stadium events as assigned.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.