Court Reporter II
|Date Opened||1/14/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/25/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Department||Thirteenth Judicial Circuit|
|Job Type||Other Area Jobs|
Associate’s degree or the equivalent of two years of college or vocational school education in computer operations, medical/legal terminology, court reporting, paralegal or a closely related field and four years of related experience. Requires valid certificate as a Registered Professional Reporter (RPR) or higher. Substitution: Additional relevant experience may substitute for the required education on a year for year basis.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of and current/prior use of Eclipse software preferred.
- Knowledge of court procedures, practices and system.
- Knowledge of legal terminology used in a court of law.
- Skill at using a real time stenographic system.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to record testimony at a speed which corresponds with a normal speaking rate.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to generate/prepare and coordinate the timely filing of transcripts.
- Incumbent must be professional in all regards.
- Records proceedings of criminal trials, hearings and other court related business as the official court record using a stenographic real-time system where verbatim recording is required.
- Responsible for the generation and accurate transcription of the court record in all felony proceedings, and ability to assist reporter and scopists with the production of transcripts in a timely manner.
- Responsible for generating a personal dictionary using the corresponding real time software.
- Real time court reporting experience preferred.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, comprehensive health insurance and life insurance with accidental death and dismemberment benefits, supplemental dental, vision, life, disability and hospitalization insurance, promotional opportunities, tuition-free college courses, 457 Tax Deferred Retirement Plan.
TO APPLY: Submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume, 3) current State of Florida Application and Addendum (located only at www.fljud13.org) in (1) PDF file via email to email@example.com. APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE THE 3 REQUIREMENTS ABOVE TO BE SCREENED FOR POTENTIAL INTERVIEW.
NOTICE: Please note that future vacancies in this same classification may be filled as a result of this recruitment. Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. Requests for ADA accommodation to participate in the application/selection process should be directed to (813) 272-6330.