|Date Opened||3/12/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/19/2018 10:30:00 AM|
|Salary||$16.50 - $26.40/hour|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
The Facility Coordinator - Grounds shall be responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day activities of the Grounds Department Facility Specialists insuring that the services are provided in an efficient, effective, and timely manner.
In addition, the Facility Coordinator - Grounds shall assist in the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation, quality of service and a safe work environment.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and Five years of grounds/landscaping experience; and Two years of supervisory experience.
Bachelor's Degree; and Two years of grounds/landscaping experience; and Two years of supervisory experience.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- The Grounds Coordinator shall be knowledgeable in all administrative and operational rules, procedures and programs of the Operations Department
- Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications. Adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice.
- Monitor work activities of contract vendor services required.
- Develop and maintain accurate records, logs and reports for the department.
- Position requires ability to interact with fellow employees, clients, the public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for tenants and the public in and around the facilities.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift over 50 lbs. and work in non-conditioned environment.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate mechanical and powered maintenance equipment including forklifts, high-lifts, tractors, mowers, paint sprayers and landscape equipment.
- Knowledge of horticulture maintenance, irrigation systems and repairs, field changeovers, field painting and field maintenance. Ability to identify weeds, poor plant health and soil moisture.
- Knowledge of fertilizers, herbicides and pesticide application techniques including safety requirements involved in their effective application.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of grounds keeping, landscaping, maintenance practices, landscaping equipment and systems and services such as irrigation and chemical mixing.
- General knowledge of event preparation, plumbing, painting, carpentry and general building maintenance derived from a large public venue, preferred.
- General computer knowledge.
- Implement the day-to-day operational policies and procedures for the Grounds Department and provide supervision while organizing, assigning, monitoring, analyzing and correcting work assignments of grounds maintenance, landscaping and field painting at Raymond James Stadium. Assures the highest quality service to all tenants by enforcing established goals for Grounds Department personnel.
- Participates in grounds and landscaping maintenance activities. Participates in assisting the Facilities Department in completing assignments as needed.
- Participates in the interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and development of all Raymond James Stadium Grounds Department personnel in accordance with established guidelines and procedures. Assists in the development and implementation of formalized training and education programs for the Grounds Department.
- Conduct regular facility inspections to review facility, grounds, equipment, personnel, general activity and share findings and observations with departmental managers or coordinators to assist in maintaining a superior level of facility function, efficiency, and review and recommend equipment needs, supplies and materials required to provide services to the Authority and their clients.
- Assist in coordination of departmental participation and performance in the creation and use of the automated preventive maintenance program/database.
- Attend and participate in Authority Operations/Event planning meetings when required. Participate in other weekly meetings necessary for conducting internal and external business. Participate in employee committees and staff meetings emphasizing team management, high morale and quality service to Authority customers. Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings to share relevant information and gain feedback relating to methods to improve service to customers, both internal and external, and to insure efficient operations of the grounds for events. Attendance and/or travel may be required for meetings or maintenance held off site.
- Assists with coordinating and acting as a liaison with outside organizations, vendors, other governmental departments, private firms and clients and operational service contractors, to include, but not limited to, irrigation, turf, painting, environmental agencies, DOT, pest and weed control, equipment rental, construction services and other misc. trades who frequently service the facility and events.
- Assist with writing timely, accurate bid specifications for departmental purchases. Reviews Grounds Department payroll and departmental purchases prior to submission to the Grounds Manager for approval. Follow all appropriate purchasing procedures accurately.
- Participate in budget meetings and provide input relating to expenditure projection. Verify proper coding of purchases to ensure accurate accounting and sufficient data for appropriate planning and expenditure projecting.
- Provide leadership on continuous improvement and team building efforts. Conduct and maintain performance evaluation and professional development programs for subordinate personnel. Counsel subordinate personnel as required to manage personnel issues. Conduct internal investigations as required by any on-going disciplinary process and recommend and/or administer discipline as required.
- Seek out, develop, and assist in the participation in industry related associations and trade shows in support of quality service to our clients. Keep abreast of innovations, improvements in procedures, and developments within the operational aspects of our industry to seek better methods to improve efficiency, levels of service, personnel performance, and reducing operating costs.
- Provide a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Use computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports as required.
- Perform other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference. This documentation may be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT (ADA): Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.