Court Program Specialist II
|Date Opened||3/12/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/26/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Department||Thirteenth Judicial Circuit|
|Job Type||Other Area Jobs|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Bachelor’s degree with a major in Public or Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology, or a closely-related Social Science field; and
Three years of professional administrative related experience.
Substitution: Master’s degree may substitute for two years of the experience.
- Knowledge of court case management principles and methods.
- Ability to conduct research and compose technical reports.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and logically.
- Ability to deal tactfully with judges, attorneys and parties to the case as well as with co-workers.
- Ability to use a personal computer and word processing applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to use discretion with confidential information.
- Incumbent must be professional in all regards.
- Reviews case files for litigants participating in dependency or delinquency divisions; Notates information required for the judge's attention; Attends court hearings and maintain notes concerning hearing outcomes.
- Prepares case information in JAWS that will be used by the judges to identify what is happening in a case, the child(ren) ages, attorney names, etc.
- Serves as liaison with community based provider agency, representatives of the Sheriff’s Office, Attorney General, Regional Counsel, Department of Children and Families, appointed attorneys and all other stakeholders involved in the dependency and/or delinquency cases.
- Communicates, plans and develops processes; Enhances services to children in Hillsborough County.
- Assists the division judge with moving cases smoothly through the judicial system with the focus on enhancing services to children in an expeditious manner.
TO APPLY: Submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume, 3) current State of Florida Application and Addendum (located only at www.fljud13.org) in (1) PDF file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE THE 3 REQUIREMENTS ABOVE TO BE SCREENED FOR POTENTIAL INTERVIEW.
NOTICE: Please note that future vacancies in this same classification may be filled as a result of this recruitment. Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. If you need accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please call (813) 272-6330.
* The successful candidate will be hired at the minimum salary.