Assistant Facility Specialist-Facilities
|Date Opened||12/4/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/8/2017 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$23,920.00 - $38,272.00/year|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
In addition, the Assistant Facility Specialist - Facilities shall follow the Authority operational policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation, quality of service and a safe work environment.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Two years of full-time work experience in building maintenance; and
Possession of a valid Driver license.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of all operational rules, procedures and programs of the Operations Department.
- Knowledge of facility maintenance including all safety requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate general knowledge of facility maintenance, maintenance practices, equipment and systems and services such as plumbing, carpentry painting and chemical mixing derived from a large public venue.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications; the adjustment of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc., may be required upon short notice.
- Ability to interact with fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for tenants and the general public in and around the facilities.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs and work in non air-conditioned environment.
- Ability to operate hand tools, electrical, mechanical and powered maintenance equipment including forklifts, high-lifts, scissor-lifts and tractors.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Performs repairs and maintains plumbing, irrigation, caulking, painting, brick and cement, HVAC and carpentry work in and around Raymond James Stadium. Assists in directing the work of Lead Stadium Assistants and Stadium Assistants during assigned tasks.
- Performs landscaping duties including planting, fertilizing, trimming, and mowing in and around the Raymond James Stadium.
- Inspects facilities and grounds and collects, loads and hauls trash and debris.
- Provides event support and custodial services as directed.
- Conducts regular facility inspections to review facility, grounds and equipment and shares findings and observations with departmental managers or coordinators to assist in maintaining a superior level of facility function, polish and efficiency, and review and recommend equipment needs, supplies and materials required to provide services to Authority and their clients.
- Participates in meetings necessary for conducting internal and external business.
- Participates in employee committees and staff meetings emphasizing team management, high morale and quality service to Authority customers.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings to share relevant information and gain feedback relating to methods to improve service to customers, both internal and external, and to insure efficient operations of the facilities and grounds for events.
- Attendance and/or travel may be required for maintenance held off site.
- Assists in monitoring work with operational service contractors, to include, but not limited to, HVAC, carpentry, irrigation, turf, painting, environmental agencies, pest and weed control, equipment rental, construction services and other misc. trades who frequently service the facilities and events.
- Keeps abreast of innovations, improvements in procedures, and developments within the operational aspects of our industry to seek better methods to improve efficiency, levels of service, personnel performance, and reducing operating costs.
- Assists in providing a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Uses computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports as needed.
- Performs other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.