Office Assistant II (Call Center/Customer Service)
|Date Opened||8/8/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$28,412.80 - $45,052.80/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
• One year experience of processing, examining, or reviewing of any type of legal or real estate documents.
• One year of cashier experience
• Prior customer service or call center experience
• Some knowledge of frequently used office computer technology including Windows, Internet, Office software applications, and electronic mail applications.
Additonally, candidate should demonstrate the following:
1) outstanding customer service by attending to walk-in customers and answering telephones, giving accurate information and directing inquiries to the appropriate department or agency; 2) strong ethics, integrity, and accountability; 3) excellent listening and oral communication skills by effectively communicating in a articulate/clear speaking voice with management, members of the public, attorneys, judges, and other professional agencies; 4) ability to work with other staff members toward a common goal; 5) ability to easily adapt to software programs and type efficiently with attention for details when entering names, addresses, and money amounts; 6) ability to multitask between various different and complex job duties; 7) ability to work independently; 8) act and dress professionally; 9) ability to meet daily production standards without sacrificing quality; 10) ability to view images to ensure legibility; 11) and ability to sit for extended periods of time; 12) ability to handle high call volume while processing credit card transactions;13) bilingual a plus;
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Two (2) years of clerical experience
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of general office policies, procedures and practices.
- Working knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to proof own work and the work of other clerical personnel.
- Ability to perform accurate computations and verification of data.
- Ability to coordinate the work of other clerical employees.
- Ability to instruct new employees.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to operate data processing, word processing and other office equipment.
- Ability to type.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Maintains basic manual and automated file systems or assists in the maintenance of a large, complex system.
- Codes, classifies, posts and compiles information for use by others.
- Receives, verifies and registers documents; assigns file number and affixes seal as appropriate.
- Reviews forms, documents and other materials for accuracy and completeness.
- Provides assistance to staff and public as required.
- Responds to inquiries and searches files for requested information.
- Compiles data, computes and verifies figures.
- Maintains logs and records of equipment, inventory, costs, services performed, documents received, and charges to be assessed; may also maintain employee attendance and leave records.
- Operates office equipment such as adding machines, copiers, telephones, shredders, and postage meters.
- Operates data processing equipment.
- Types forms, vouchers, requisitions, invoices, notices, schedules, legal documents, and other materials; types from rough drafts or combines data from multiple sources.
- Trains, provides guidance, and reviews work of others for completeness and accuracy.
- Performs other clerical duties such as photocopying; ordering and issuing supplies; and sending, receiving, sorting, and distributing mail.
- Maintain custody of supplies and other property.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.