Accounting Clerk II (Quality Assurance)
|Date Opened||8/8/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,201.60 - $48,006.40/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• One year experience post auditing invoices and payment registers
• One year experience working using an automated financial system to perform inquiries
• One year experience working with a document imaging and workflow system
• One year of administrative experience in an office or accounting environment reviewing documents for accuracy
• One year of experience working with personal computers and navigating software programs
A passing score on a general accounting exam may be required
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, procedures, methods, and theory.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, and policies governing assigned functional accounting area.
- Ability to make and verify mathematical calculations.
- Ability to analyze and audit accounting, budgetary,and fiscal data.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply job-related rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to prepare basic reports.
- Ability to review and monitor the work of support staff.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, database and related software applications.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
• Conduct detailed review/audit of invoices that appear on the worklist of the financial system (Oracle)
• Compare invoice data entered into the financial system by Accounting Clerk IIIs to the invoice image in the document imaging system (OnBase)
• Identify any errors, such as incorrect amounts, addresses, invoice numbers, etc.
• Audit payment request for proper supporting documentation in accordance with policies and procedures
• Conduct research in the financial system to determine details of errors
• Return documents through OnBase to appropriate personnel for corrective action
• Review vendor statements for aged invoices and work with departments to resolve past due invoices
• Assist in special projects and other duties as assigned
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.