|Date Opened||7/11/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,297.60 - $97,323.20/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Ideal Candidate should possess the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Four (4) or more years of professional accounting experience (governmental accounting is a plus)
• Three (3) years of accounts receivable experience
• Three (3) years of bank reconciliation experience
• Three (3) years of supervisory experience
• Experience with Oracle general ledger.
• Experience with OnBase.
• Experience with interpreting legal and regulatory documents.
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with Adobe Professional.
• Flexibility and the ability to multi-task at all times.
• A calm and patient demeanor.
- A Bachelor's degree
- At least three (3) years of supervisory experience while supervising a minimum of four (4) employees
- At least three (3) years of accounts receivable experience
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Skilled in accessing a variety of systems and computer applications
- Skilled in communicating and working with employees from a managerial level
- Skilled at moving from one job to another quickly
- Skilled at writing, revising, and editing procedures
- Skilled at making excellent decisions even under extreme pressure
- Skilled in communicating at various levels within the organization
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of the Oracle financial system and the various court systems
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing applications
- Knowledge of Florida Statutes, County ordinances and administrative orders
- Proficiency with personal computers
- Ability to concentrate on detailed work for eight hours per day, at two-hour intervals
- Ability to analyze and think through problems independently
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to learn rapidly and function as needed
- Ability to switch from one task to another with ease.
- Ability to withstand pressure (i.e. responding to queries from both employees and upper-management on a timely basis)
- Ability to make sound business decisions
- Ability to develop good interpersonal business relations
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Monitors and reviews work assignments performed by team members for accuracy and timeliness
- Reviews workflows for efficiencies and internal controls
- Coordinates and schedules periodic cut-off events and closings
- Plans and schedules year-end closing processes
- Coordinates internal and external audits as required
- Establishes general ledger accounts based on legislative changes
- Monitors financial activity for financial compliance with state and federal regulations
- Prepares and meets with employees in regard to performance evaluations and provides feedback for the evaluations of support staff
- Coordinates activities and tackles problematic issues with other departments and outside agencies in relation to cash management tasks
- Responsible for staying aware and knowledgeable of tasks performed by supervised personnel
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by upper management and as required
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
• Working on a personal computer for 8-10 hours per day in two-hour intervals
• Performing 10-key operations at a rate of 75 kpm for a total of 2-3 hours per day intermittently
• Lifting and lowering up to 30-pound boxes of paper up to four feet
• Replenishing paper and changing ribbons and toner cartridges in printers
• Moving freely within the department, the building and outside offices
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at email@example.com.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.