Court Clerk I (Various Courts Locations)
|Date Opened||5/24/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/14/2019 05:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$28,412.80 - $45,052.80/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Two (2) years of clerical experience one of which included the processing, examining, preparing or reviewing of any type of legal document.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Some knowledge of legal terminology and procedures.
• Knowledge of English grammar and spelling, and arithmetic.
• Ability to perform accurate computations and verifications of data.
• Ability to operate various office equipment, e.g., scanner, copy machine, fax and phone.
• Ability to use a computer terminal to quickly and accurately enter data.
• Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Ability to comprehend laws, statutes, regulations and other directives.
• Ability to proof own work and verify information in the computer system is accurate.
• Ability to prioritize work effectively.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to support the department's/agency's goals and vision.
• Ability to learn and perform assigned task.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others within and outside own organization.
• Ability to take initiative and exercise reasonable judgment.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
• Receives, verifies, and examines legal documents to ensure adherence to court procedures.
• Processes work using various computer systems, software and office equipment.
• Prepares, processes and maintains legal records, court files, minutes, calendars, and dockets.
• Processes mail correspondence, answering web-mail.
• Performs data entry to input information for prolonged periods of time.
• Accepts or rejects bonds based on specified criteria.
• Issues receipts for materials and payments.
• Processes and indexes a variety of reports and other materials according to established procedures.
• Provides customer service/information concerning general court procedures to the general public, judiciary, other departments and various agencies.
• Records case dispositions, court orders and arrangements for payment of court fees.
• Scans documents.
• Sets court dates and issues summons.
• Copies and certifies various documents from court cases.
• Performs research of court records, including archives to retrieve case information.
• Types letters, memoranda, and reports as necessary.
• Answer telephones in a courteous and efficient manner to provide customer service.
• Makes deliveries to judiciary, Hillsborough County Sheriff’s office or other service centers.
• Maintains the confidentiality of cases.
• Attends court proceedings occasionally.
• Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.