|Date Opened||5/14/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,667.20 - $61,401.60/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
The Clerk of the Circuit Court is looking for new members to join our team as part of one of the finest organizations in Hillsborough County. Employees of the Clerk of the Circuit Court provide quality service to our public.
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
*Please note: this job opportunity is open only for current, tenured Clerk of the Circuit Court employees!*
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Two (2) or more years of professional accounting experience (governmental accounting is a plus)
• One (1) year bank reconciliation experience.
• Flexibility and the ability to multi-task at all times.
• Experience with Oracle General Ledger.
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with Adobe Professional.
• A calm and patient demeanor.
This position requires the ability to focus on the maintenance of the bank reconciliations for eight bank accounts which must be completed by the 25th of each month. Additionally, bank reports are to be extracted and audited daily for accuracy. Miscellaneous Receivable, Agency Funds, and other general fund accounts are to be reconciled monthly and related documents maintained. Payroll processing and month-end closing activities are to be alternated on a monthly basis. This position performs TIN matches as needed. The position requires a person that can read and comprehend Florida Statutes, maintain subsidiary ledgers and issue formal notifications representing the Clerk’s Office. Additionally, this position will be responsible to back up the Accounting Technician (Position #985) with their assigned responsibilities as needed. These responsibilities include processing daily Child Support journal entries and interface, bank account reconciliations for two accounts, the maintenance of daily cash and credit card reconciliations for the Courts and Recording cash receipts system, and the posting of the daily bank activities for all bank accounts either via electronic interfaces or journal entries, account reconciliations for various general ledger funds, and the preparation, reporting, and audits associated with the Title IV-D Child Support Federal grant.
An Associate's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; and
Two years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping or financial record keeping in a central accounting office with a direct impact on the general ledger or sub-ledgers.
• Degree is preferred but will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the Oracle Financial System and the related cashiering systems.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing applications.
- Knowledge of the Florida Statutes, County Ordinances and Administrative Orders.
- Knowledge of personal computers.
- Knowledge of Spoolview reports.
- Knowledge of Odyssey, OnBase, and OnCore Systems
- Skilled in accessing the various Clerk systems and personal computer applications.
- Skilled in the utilization of the 10 key calculator.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in working with fellow employees.
- Skilled at moving from one job to another quickly.
- Skilled at writing, revision and editing procedures and checklists.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
Prepare assigned monthly bank reconciliations and account reconciliations due by the 25th of the month.
Extract data and reports using the Oracle Financial System.
Retrieve reports and files using the banks’ online software programs.
Use Excel and Word for daily activities.
Be prepared to quickly adapt to changes in work demands.
Prepare Journal Entries and electronic interfaces.
Willingly & enthusiastically perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.
Process tin matches for W9 records..
Prepare daily journal entries for Tax Deeds postage and clerk fees, as applicable.
Prepares monthly account reconciliations for child support, receivables, and regulatory liability accounts such as documentary stamps and intangible tax.
Process Payroll on a bi-monthly basis.
Prepares monthly account reconciliations for Miscellaneous Receivable and Agency Funds.
Assist General Ledger Accountant II in month-end closing process.
Back up for the responsibilities of the Accounting Technician (Position #985) as needed.
Other related duties as assigned by management
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
• Work on Personal Computer for 8 hours per day in 2 hour intervals.
• 10 key 75 cpm total of 2-3 hours per day intermittently.
• Lift and lower up to 30 pound boxes of paper up to 4 feet.
• Change paper, ribbon and toner in printers.
• Move about within department, building and outside offices.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.