Technical Solutions Specialist I (Desktop)
|Date Opened||4/12/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,283.20 - $88,816.00/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
*Please note: this job opportunity is open for current Clerk of the Circuit Court employees only!*
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate should have experience with:
1) Installing and removing computer desktops, laptops, peripherals and mobile devices
2) Using desktop applications and application reporting
3) Writing formal responses to audits, Word and Excel
4) Excel Spreadsheets
5) General knowledge of Asset Management and Inventory Tracking
Two (2) years work experience in applicable computer hardware troubleshooting or process management
Please note: Degree is preferred but will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of asset management inventory, move, additions and change processes.
• Knowledge of agency standards for managing hardware and/or software.
• Knowledge of installation of computer hardware, software and peripherals
• knowledge of scanners and scanner software
• Skill in use of PC hardware and software
• Ability to develop, review and edit technical documentation.
• Ability to coordinate activities with vendors and department liaisons.
• Ability to systematically solve problems related to asset data and reporting.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, inside and outside the organization
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Ability to use common office software such as Microsoft Office.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
• Install computer workstations, laptops, peripherals and mobile devices
• Install computer software as needed
• Assist with team projects
• Manage asset inventory
• Manage data in an asset inventory application
• Manage Clerk of the Circuit Court IT yearly asset inventory and audits
• Track assets and the movement of assets, in order to locate specific assets at any given time
• Maintain and fill out FAAC forms for all asset deployment, moves, and returns
• Maintain service levels and customer satisfaction
• Improve asset management processes to ensure that assets are tracked appropriately and is reconciled with the Fixed Asset department
• Develop and maintain working relationships and set expectations with customers to ensure effective coordination for delivery of asset management services.
• Recover assets no longer in use
• Recover, sanitize (wipe) and prepare assets for surplus
• Prepare surplus documentation and obtain document signatures during the surplus process
• Update asset inventory application to reflect surplus equipment
• Absorb the work of co-workers who are on vacation or absent
• Develops, writes and maintains procedures and user documentation to include user instructions
• Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.