Court Clerk III (Training and Development)
|Date Opened||4/12/2019 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,171.20 - $57,387.20/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
*Please note: this job opportunity is open for current Clerk of the Circuit Court employees only!*
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Ideal Candidate should possess:
- Knowledge of the Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller organization's functions and responsibilities.
- An Associate's Degree
- A strong background in the areas of writing and analyzing procedures, professional development of staff and teaching and/or training experience.
- Prior experience creating curriculum guides or instructional materials as well as in providing instructional strategies.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
One (1) year experience in adult teaching or coordinating adult training programs and two (2) years of experience working for the Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller’s organization.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Considerable knowledge of adult instructional course development, research, and practice.
• Considerable knowledge of adult instructional course development and classroom presentation methods and techniques.
• Considerable knowledge of applicable subject matter current trends and developments.
• Skill in the application of managerial and supervisory techniques.
• Skill in designing training programs to achieve objectives.
• Skill in presenting training courses to adult classes.
• Ability to organize and coordinate training activities for all work areas and individuals.
• Ability to assess staff training needs and design appropriate training programs.
• Ability to measure training effectiveness, compile results and take appropriate action.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
• Ability to collect, organize, and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
Instructor Functions Departmental Support Functions This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
• Reports directly to the Training and Development Manager on all training matters
• Responsible for the creation, maintenance, and evaluation of live and online courses and training, which includes:
• Developing efficient and practical training curriculum for live and online courses, including training activities, content, goals, objectives, and projects
• Conducting classes and/or training to Clerk employees, utilizing approved course curriculum
• Designing and preparing course and/or training materials and learning aides
• Evaluating and selecting the appropriate training method
• Preparing, distributing, and submitting lesson plans for all assigned procedures or courses for management’s approval
• Providing instruction in ways that maximize students’ comprehension, including employing teaching and learning strategies and styles that best communicate subject matter to students
• Modifying instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs
• Evaluating students’ performance fairly and consistently
• Returning students’ work promptly to promote maximum learning
• Scheduling training availability and opportunities for employees and providing employees all necessary information
• Encouraging the development of communication and complex thinking skills
• Researching new educational training methods and principles and incorporating them into existing and future curriculum to improve learning experience
• Learning and utilizing technology in ways that enhance the educational experience
• Maintaining updated curriculum database and training records; this database includes accurate records of employee’s progress and all associated paperwork and forms (e.g., acknowledgment forms, tests)
• Enhancing knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) through quality training and mentoring
• Utilizes Oracle Learning Management to monitor and manage live classes
• Develops online course content, using video production software, for the HillsClerk Professional Development Academy
• Stays current in subject matter through interactive and professional communication with fellow instructors, employees, subject matter experts (SMEs), CPAT, and Training and Development Manager
• Maintains and manages the training classrooms and equipment
• Leads and facilitates workshops on curriculum development and competency-based instruction
• Aids Clerk departments and service centers with curriculum development, determines measurable outcomes and objectives, and incorporates curriculum in accordance with approved policies and procedures
• Assigns and manages the Needs Development Plan (NDP) process using approved and prescribed methods
• Assesses training need (critical, fundamental, basic) and prioritizes training implementation accordingly
• Identifies knowledge gaps or skills gaps that need to be addressed and promulgates training methods and solutions to fit those needs
• When directed, works with organization’s directors and managers, on behalf of Training and Development leadership, to determine subject matter experts regarding the curriculum being designed and developed
• Reviews calendars and training events/assignments
• Contributes to program development processes
• Compiles various statistical information concerning the Training and Development department operations, including, but not limited to, student and instructor hours; department involvement; and new student enrollment
• Reviews and examines training data and information for statistical analysis to improve processes, procedures, and training
• Generates monthly, semi-annual, and annual report that includes charts for visual representation of statistics
• Provides recommendations to improve processes and procedures based on statistical research
• Presents research data and analysis in a group setting
• Works with Training and Development instructors to determine availability and practicality of the resources required in training classes
• Prepares resources and classrooms for Clerk adjunct instructors
• Maintains a record of the condition, location, and quantity of all materials and supplies available.
• Reports supply requests to Training and Development Manager for review and submittal
• Assists with generating large quantities of student certificates
• Assists with arranging and hosting the Certificate Ceremony
• Assists student sign-in and classroom location
• Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of training programs
• Reports training challenges, successes, and future requirements
• Performs any additional task or assignment as delegated by leadership
Departmental Support Functions
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.