Accountant I (Capital Asset Accounting)
|Date Opened||3/15/2019 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,121.60 - $65,291.20/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
*Please note: this job opportunity is open for current Clerk of the Circuit Court employees only!*
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate should possess:
- accounting experience, strong attention to detail, and the ability to help customers solve their problems while diplomatically ensuring compliance with external requirements.
- the ability to prepare journal entries, Excel spreadsheets, evaluate accounting data for reasonableness, identify errors or items for further research, and solve problems.
- experience with governmental accounting, how the Oracle E-Business Suite ERP system is actually used at Hillsborough County, and Business Intelligence (OBIEE) would be a plus.
- the ability to learn quickly by reading documentation, examples from prior years as well as from training provided.
- the ability to work in a self-directed manner on longer-term projects.
note: a degree is preferred, but will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of the Oracle ERP system including the General Ledger, Payables and Assets Subledgers, as well as the Projects Module
• Knowledge of OnBase document management system
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to interact with management and fiscal representatives in other departments and organizations
• Skill in moving from one job to another quickly and efficiently
• Skill in making excellent decisions even under pressure
• Knowledge of applicable Florida Statutes, County Ordinances, Administrative Orders, Policies and Procedures, and the state of Florida Uniform Accounting System
• Familiarity with the functions, operations and personnel of BOCC departments and other Hillsborough County entities
• Skill in the writing or updating procedures
• Knowledge of Excel, Word and other computer applications
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Review of accounts payable transactions in the Oracle Fixed Assets Mass Additions table, identify appropriate transactions for tagged capital assets, forward to departments requests for account corrections related to non-capital and revenue (trade-in) transactions for response or resolution.
- Preparing supporting documentation for assets in OnBase, preparing POP covers and printing of RFID (radio-frequency) asset labels for Property Control Specialists.
- Posting new assets with proper coding for: department, location id, consistent asset description naming, major/minor asset categories and RFID tag numbers.
- Preparing and posting Asset Transfer Requests and preparing supporting documentation in Onbase.
- Review manual additions of assets related to other agencies such as Constitutional Officers (Tax Collector, Property Appraiser and Clerk) and the Health Department.
- Answering capital asset questions from fiscal personnel in County departments and agencies.
- Run Depreciation and close monthly periods in the Oracle Fixed Assets module.
- Monthly reconciliation of capital asset roll-forward schedules for Solid Waste and Internal Service Funds or other similar reconciliations. Prepare journal entries if necessary.
- Upload, download and update SWAT and Oracle Fixed Assets with departmental annual inventory information through interfaces to ensure both databases are current.
- Ensure the financial integrity of tagged assets for financial reporting.
- Other duties as related to the role of an Accountant I or to support Property Control Specialists.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at email@example.com.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.