EPMO Project Manager/Business Analyst
|Date Opened||1/5/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/16/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$80,475.20 - $124,758.40/year|
|Department||Clerk of Circuit Court|
As a member of our working team, you will occupy a position offering a unique challenge. You are, in effect, working both for your neighbors and yourself while constantly improving your community. You are a public employee performing essential services for the people of Hillsborough County. Our county’s citizens are affected by your on-the-job performance and their opinions of our organization are directly influenced by your conduct. Wherever you work in the Clerk’s organization, please keep in mind the trust that the people of Hillsborough County have placed in your hands. By meeting all of your responsibilities in the most efficient and courteous manner possible, you will find your efforts rewarding.
Job opportunities are offered first to current Clerk of the Circuit Court Employees. If a Clerk employee is not selected, consideration will be then given to applicants outside of the office.
This office reserves the right to consider how your application is prepared. It will be considered only if it is written with clarity and contains the required transcripts, certificates and licenses or other specified documents.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will possess current PMP Certification and/or CCBA Certification and will have experience with the following:
-Managing complex, multi-component projects having enterprise-wide impact
-Collaborating with stakeholders to define the scope and business case for new solutions and enhancements to existing solutions
-Providing direction, assigning tasks, monitoring progress, negotiating with, resolving conflicts, and coaching project team members across all levels
-Determining tasks, skill sets, and time frames required to successfully deliver projects
-Researching, analyzing, proposing, and delivering solutions that are appropriate for the business and aligned with technology strategies
-Applying project and process management principles, including experience in business analysis, identifying requirements, process improvement, scheduling, performance reporting
-Creating artifacts required to successfully manage and implement a project or process re-engineering effort
-Microsoft Project, Visio and other project management, business analysis and process management tools
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university in a related discipline, e.g., B.A. or B.S. in Management Information Systems or Business Administration or Computer Science
• 6+ years of experience managing programs or projects, business analysis and/or reengineering business processes, following project/process methodologies and tools.
• Current PMP Certification and/or CCBA Certification
• Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related discipline, e.g., A.A. or A.S. in Management Information Systems or Business Administration or Computer Science
• 10+ years of experience managing programs projects, business analysis and/or reengineering business processes, following project/process methodologies and tools.
• Current PMP Certification and/or CCBA Certification
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Proficient understanding of, and skilled in the application of, business analysis methodologies, techniques and tools
• Proficient understanding of, and skilled in the application of, process improvement and re-engineering methodologies, techniques and tools
• Considerable knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) methods and techniques.
• Ability to manage personal daily activities and complex projects for self and others ensuring accurate and timely delivery of all project related tasks; includes the ability to matrix-manage project resources
• Ability to discern problems from symptoms; ability to apply root cause analysis techniques.
• Skilled in soliciting known and latent requirements from stakeholders
• Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding
• Skilled in communicating technical information to non-technical users.
• Skilled in systematic problem solving
• Skilled in developing, reviewing and editing documentation.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships and collaborate with others on projects.
• Ability to facilitate consensus and/or lead decision-making
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, applied across all levels of personnel, both internally and with external stakeholders.
• Solid understanding of technology and technological interdependencies
• Ability to apply critical thinking skills
Tools and Equipment Used:
• Personal computer
• Scanner, printer, photocopier
• Telephone, fax
• Audio visual equipment
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Microsoft Project
• Microsoft Visio
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
• Create, drive and monitor project plans from initiation through implementation and benefits realization, ensuring alignment with Clerk’s strategy, objectives and policies
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, user stories, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
• Analyze, document and communicate explicit and latent business needs and requirements to the IT organization and vendors; translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements
• Collaborate with IT resources to assess stakeholder needs, identify solutions, define project plans, manage schedules, conduct testing and transition to post-implementation support
• Negotiate agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between stakeholders and IT
• Ensure project proposals are positioned for cost/benefit analysis, business case diligence and alignment with technology, business and other appropriate strategies
• Determine funding requirements, prepare budget documents, monitor status of allocated funds and control expenses.
• Identify processes for improvement, document existing processes, identify and analyze gaps between current processes and desired state, design new processes, develop process performance measures and plan the transition to a new process.
• Communicate project approach, status, issues and risks to stakeholders and Clerk leadership
• Manage multiple concurrent and complex timelines and lead team(s) to project completion, monitoring, measuring and reporting results.
• Determine project staffing needs and act to ensure appropriate staffing to complete project objectives.
• May provide oversight for projects managed by others and may lead lower level project managers and staff in the accomplishment of project activities.
• Develop guidelines and procedure manuals as needed.
• Assist in creating RFI/RFQ/RFP for software and professional services; provide input for vendor selection process.
• Keep informed and updated on system changes, enhancements, upgrades, and other user related information as required.
• Perform other related duties as required
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.