GIS Database Administrator
|Date Opened||12/12/2019 09:28:00 AM|
|Salary||$68,827.20 - $110,136.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
This position requires an individual who is motivated to stay current on the recent changes in technology that support/enhance GIS, possess good communication and troubleshooting skills, and the desire to work in a dynamic environment.
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university with a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Technology, Geography/GIS, or other related fields; And Two years of experience as a GIS Database Administrator.
A Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Technology, Geography, or other related fields; And One year of experience as a GIS Developer.
An Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Technology, Geography, or other related fields; And Three years of experience as a GIS Developer.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; And Five years of experience directly related to the position duties.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
- Perform GIS database administration and maintenance functions utilizing Microsoft SQL Server, Server for ArcGIS, and/or ArcGIS Desktop. This includes indexing, compressing, and other database maintenance tasks to ensure a highly available enterprise environment.
- Installs and maintains development, staging and production databases. Ensures that version upgrades, tuning, and/or patches are installed as needed.
- Manages geodatabase schemas, security, user accounts, database replication, and versions.
- Plan and implement data system automation, test procedures, system backups and database archive operations in coordination with the Information and Innovation Office.
- Works with GIS Developers and Systems Administrators to develop web-based mapping applications and other GIS solutions.
- Monitor database system/server performance in coordination with other System Administrators utilizing various system tools or scripts, including System Monitor for ArcGIS. Identify, test, and resolve complex database issues as they are discovered.
- Works with System Administrators to ensure all system tiers are synchronized between staging, production, and disaster recovery.
- Create and maintain documentation and Standard Operating Procedures. Define, recommend, and develop database standards, including ensuring that all enterprise data meets the minimum metadata requirements.
- Develop process improvements and automation, where appropriate.
- May assume the authority of, and acts on behalf of, a more senior official.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Experienced (at least 2 years) in Esri ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Enterprise/Portal, and ArcGIS Desktop projects (including ArcGIS Pro).
- Experienced working with data in an enterprise SDE database.
- Experienced working with Esri ArcGIS Online, Collector, Survey123 or Workforce.
- Knowledge of spatial analysis methods and geoprocessing tools.
- Familiar with cartographic best practices.
- Broad conceptual knowledge of GIS methodologies and workflows.
- Knowledge of computer systems, operating systems, network security configurations, database management, and web platforms.
- Familiar with other programming languages, such as XML or .NET, that may enhance development tasks.
- Familiarity using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide excellence customer service.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Ability and desire to troubleshoot hardware/software technical issues associated with GIS systems.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time spent on projects and tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.