Senior Functional Business Analyst (Business Intelligence)
|Date Opened||11/12/2019 10:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/24/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$68,827.20 - $110,136.00/year|
|Department||Enterprise Solutions & Quality Assurance|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
This position will work with other management staff in the Enterprise Solutions and Quality Assurance department to develop new reports and data-based solutions using Oracle Business Intelligence and other technical tools such as SQL Developer, provide configuration management support, implement system upgrades and work directly with the hosted services provider to resolve issues.
• Minimum 1-2 years of Oracle Business Intelligence experience (OBIEE) with an emphasis on analytical and/or reporting tools
• Minimum 1-2 years of Oracle E-Business Suite experience with a thorough understanding of underlying source data
• Advanced SQL skills, with experience querying large data sets from multiple sources and developing automated reporting
• Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
• Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
• Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responds to user ad-hoc requests for data, advising and assisting with options for providing requested information
• Provides training, documentation and end-user support for custom reports and dashboards
• Works collaboratively with department, program managers, and support staff to understand issues, develop, discuss, document, implement and manage reporting solutions within the Business Intelligence environment
• Collaborates with department management and other support team members to identify, define and implement metrics and KPI reports/dashboards required to manage daily operational and support processes
• Assists in maintaining and updating ETL mappings, as well as monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing daily load processes
• Works in partnership with Management to discuss/share ideas, troubleshoot issues, develop solutions, documentation, training and action plans
• Identifies additional reporting opportunities to combine multiple data sources to provide new and unique data analysis opportunities for County management
• Develops and maintains thorough understanding of Oracle EBS modules and business processes, as well as underlying data sources through independent research and collaboration/communication with all levels of staff
• Maintains high level of understanding of Oracle Business Intelligence solutions and technologies through independent research, utilizing Oracle on-line educational tools, developing training, attending conferences and training, leading work groups and developing/maintaining professional relationships with Oracle ERP governmental user groups within the County, the State and Country
• Knowledge of information technologies and methodologies (Oracle, SDLC, ITIL)
• Must possess a high skill set in the following areas: collaboration; communication; teamwork; analysis, and customer service.
• Must possess a high skill set with Microsoft Office products
• Ability to plan and manage multiple activities and projects simultaneously
• Ability to establish and meet critical deadlines in an ever-changing environment
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team having diverse responsibilities
• Ability to investigate, familiarize and master new data sources and tables quickly
• Ability to design, implement, monitor and modify programs and reports
• Ability to prepare, review and analyze complex reports and studies
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*