IT Asset Management Administrator
|Date Opened||1/23/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$61,464.00 - $98,342.40/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Possession of Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional (CHAMP) or similar certification
• Experience with ServiceNow or a similar Enterprise ITSM platform
• Experience with a Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
• Experience developing and maintaining processes for managing and tracking IT Asset related Configuration Items (CIs) from procurement to retirement
• Experience with the creation of purchase orders
• Three or more years of experience in an IT and hardware asset management role.
• Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job
• ITIL Foundations
• CHAMP (Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional) or CAMP (Certified Asset Management Professional)
• Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
• Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
• Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
Ability to pick up and move IT hardware weighing 10lbs up to 50lbs
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Developing, maintaining, and updating asset management processes, policies, and procedures for effective management of the CIs life cycle (e.g., acquisition, deployment, utilization, de-installation, reallocation, and disposal).
• Managing models, model categories, assets, and configuration items (CIs) within the Hardware Asset Management platform. Maintaining the accuracy of Configuration Items (CIs) in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
• Implement and administer IT Asset Management systems and associated work flows. Manage IT Asset Management related projects.
• Receiving new equipment. Auditing, validating, and reconciling hardware assets against the hardware asset database.
• Defining metrics, collecting data, and reporting on the effectiveness of the IT hardware asset management processes.
• Managing the Clerk of the Circuit Court yearly capital asset inventory audit. Verifying financial data, e.g., asset values, depreciation, and monitoring and reconciling changes in inventory.
• Developing and maintain strong working relationships with key decision makers, peers, vendors and department’s liaisons to understand their business objectives and practices, and ensure effective coordination in delivery of asset management services to those clients.
• Ability to create, maintain, and audit asset management related policies and procedures.
• Communicate effectively both written and orally to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
• Ability to assess a company’s effective IT asset position to help identify cost savings opportunities.
• Lead all hardware asset related activities between end-users and key staff. Coaching, reviewing and delegating work to lower level professionals.
• Ability to delegate tasks and ensure completion.
• Ability to systematically resolve problems related to asset data and reporting.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and manage projects, tasks and time to meet delivery dates.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.