Real Property Appraiser
|Date Opened||10/16/2019 10:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/20/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,385.60 - $93,392.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university; AND
Five years of experience in commercial and residential real estate appraisal which included land and right of way acquisition;
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below; AND
Possession of a current State of Florida Certification as a General Appraiser; AND
Possession of a current Driver's License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Work typically takes place in an office environment.
- This position may require frequent travel to inspect properties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Coordinates and reviews private appraisals performed by professional real estate appraisers for eminent domain and other property acquisitions. This work includes reviewing appraisals submitted, to ensure that compensation is accurate and supportable.
- Appraises and inspects commercial/residential property.
- Develops policies, and procedures applicable to the appraisal of property.
- Provides preliminary cost estimates for proposed rights-of-way projects.
- Prepares and/or reviews appraisals and/or cost estimates for impact fee credits and property purchased by the county.
- Assists and trains other department personnel with matters relating to right-of-way and general acquisitions.
- Maintains the County's Approved Appraiser List.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of real estate appraisal methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of property values and land use characteristics of Hillsborough County.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws effecting the conveyance of property ownership.
- Knowledge of legal descriptions, meters and bounds, and related means of locating property.
- Knowledge of public records and legal instruments relating to real estate transactions.
- Ability to review real estate appraisals to determine their validity.
- Ability to use various approaches to develop an opinion on the value of real estate.
- Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations pertaining to real estate appraisal, land acquisition, and fee appraisals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other county departments and governmental or private concerns.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*