Bilingual Librarian (English & Spanish)
|Date Opened||9/3/2019 3:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/15/2019 3:20:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,873.60 - $63,793.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, stand, bend, kneel, sit, stoop, crouch, balance and walk for extended periods of time. Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods of time.
- Ability to handle materials weighing up to 35 pounds.
Inside work 95% of the time and outside work 5% of the time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Provides reference and reader’s advisory services. Instructs and assists customers in accessing library information.
- Plans, promotes, and presents programming. Coordinates, markets and manages programming led by outside presenters. Participates in community engagement activities and community outreach.
- Executes performance management duties to include but not limited to: training, coaching, documenting and evaluating performance of subordinate staff.
- Effectively assumes in-charge responsibilities for routine daily operations of an agency, building and grounds as assigned.
- Trains, schedules, and supervises library volunteers.
- Actively seeks and participates in professional development opportunities and stays abreast of emerging technology and trends in the Library Information Science Field.
- Serves on library committees and task forces as directed.
- Performs collection development and management activities.
- Maintains knowledge and practices adherence to library and county policies and procedures, rules and practices.
- May include assuming agency in-charge responsibilities.
- Knowledge of public library principles and processes, including the creation, communication, identification, selection, organization, storage, retrieval, evaluation and dissemination of information.
- Knowledge of the role of the public library and the services it provides to a diverse clientele in an environment of rapid technological change.
- Knowledge of Library, County and HR policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the foundation and application of information technology, creation and management.
- Skill in the use of standard office equipment and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to apply the concepts of public library management, including effective decision making, problem solving, analysis and evaluation of professional issues, operational problems, policies and standards.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make effective decisions.
- Ability to assist patrons in the use of library materials in all formats.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to accurately sort, file, and/or retrieve material using alphabetical, numerical and chronological systems.
- Ability to instruct customers in the use of library materials in all formats.
- Ability to develop curriculum for new instructional programs.