Construction Equipment Operator
|Date Opened||8/9/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,368.00 - $47,049.60/year|
|Department||Recreation & Neighborhood Parks|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate; AND
- Three years of experience in the operation of trucks with a payload of over five tons, street sweepers, slope mowers or similar medium-sized industrial equipment such as bull dozers, graders and front-end loaders, and boom trucks;
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below; AND
- Possession of a valid Commercial Driver License (CDL), Class A.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Requires bending, climbing, stooping, kneeling or crouching at ground levels, standing for long periods of time, and eye and hand coordination.
- Required to work outside in a subtropical climate under adverse weather, and high noise levels.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Operates construction equipment such as bulldozers, graders, front-end loaders, road rollers. Performs advanced construction or maintenance work.
- Operates heavy transport vehicles such as tractor trailers, 18 wheel transport vehicles and 2, 12, and 18 yard dump trucks incident to moving equipment from site to site.
- Acts as a lead operator or supervises lower level operators, maintenance workers, trades helpers, or laborers in the performance of construction or maintenance work.
- Sets flags and barricades.
- Performs routine service and maintenance of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Performs safety inspections of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of traffic laws and regulations applicable to the operation of medium to heavy motorized transportation vehicles on public streets and highways.
- Knowledge of the operation of a variety of medium to heavy motorized construction equipment and transportation vehicles.
- Ability to operate a variety of medium to heavy motorized equipment and transportation vehicles.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to perform service and make minor repairs to medium to heavy motorized construction equipment and transportation vehicles.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*