Business Analyst (Affordable Housing)(75 Applicants Max)
|Date Opened||8/14/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/27/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,385.60 - $93,392.00/year|
|Department||Affordable Housing Office|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Minimum 8 years of grant management experience
- In-depth knowledge and management of HUD-funded programs such as CDBG, HOME, ESG, and State SHIP.
- HOME, CDBG certification
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Administration, Information Management System, Public Administration, Finance or related field.
Five years of professional experience in the development, implementation, business process analysis and evaluation of business methods and procedures.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This job is performed in a professional office environment where employees routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Utilizes data and analytics to implement a long-term strategic performance management plan to critically examine the efficiency and effectiveness of programs and services through goal setting, key performance indicators, process improvements, and program evaluation
- Ensures the collection and maintenance of various Affordable Housing data sources.
- Monitors appropriate performance metrics for community funding investments, affordable housing, and homelessness programs.
- Assists with research and analytic projects related to the department's strategic plan, including policy issues, business methods, service levels, analytic models, financial reports and organizational effectiveness as requested.
- Analyzes and interprets data to be used for evidence-based decision making. Supports the development and implementation of processes and policies through best-practice research.
- Coordinates, develops and conducts staff trainings related to current or future software solutions.
- Provides comprehensive support in statistical analysis, data visualization, and trend identification. Presents information to key stakeholders and county leadership.
- Maintains and manages databases, Excel spreadsheets, and business intelligence dashboards, for various purposes, including data import, data cleaning and analysis. Creates standard and custom graphs, charts and tables and runs data queries and reports.
- Manages department projects related to metrics, analysis, open data, and dashboard development.
- Develops and writes complex data queries, written documents and reports for internal and external stakeholders. Supports development and maintenance of metrics for affordable housing by collecting, analyzing and reporting on departmental outcomes.
- Serves as liaison in interdepartmental efforts related to data and analytics used to determine organizational needs, assess progress on organizational goals and departmental priorities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of HUD CDBG, HOME, ESG, and IDIS web-based systems for grant compliance and controls. a minimum of years of experience
- Knowledge of the organization, operating activities and administrative practices and policies of the department and interfacing agencies.
- Knowledge of research and analysis techniques to create usable information that can contribute to operational value in this department.
- Skills in conducting independent studies and analyses of organizational activities, programs, procedures, and operating systems.
- Ability to work independently and analyze, interpret, and accurately summarize data for a value added impact to the managerial function of the department.
- Ability to work independently to analyze and interpret complex data and make recommendations based on operational needs of the department.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*